Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase lowering line of credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase lowering line of credit?

has anyone notice decrease of line of credit without any notification from chase visa?

They started me with $400.00 credit line and few months later raised it to $700.00. This month I notice that they lowered my credit line to $300.00. my credit score is not bad 770 on TU and 777 EQ. I called the customer service and they said its because of the economy, account history and etc. never been late and made full payments. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase lowering line of credit?

Sorry to hear about the CLD but Chase hasn't touch me YET. And my score's are lower than yours.And I always carry a balance on this card.Who knows when or why they decide to cld there customers.
Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

When BofA CLD'd me, there was no notice. I think I read a post here, went to check, and sure enough, cut by half. No e-mail, no nuthin.' I let it ride for a week or two and called to ask for a partial reinstatement. (They gave it all back.) By the time the letter came in the mail about the CLD, the limit was back where it was.

All my banks have my e-mail address. IMO, there is no legitimate excuse to not send a canned e-mail when they do a CLD. I don't know if they're hoping to catch us going over the limit, or if they're just plain chicken, but it's crappy business.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Chase hit my Amazon visa for the second time.  Orginally a 4k limit, reduced to 3100, and now down to 2600.  All this and my scores are on the rise!

Message 4 of 9
Imua
Frequent Contributor

after reading this thread, i got nervous and had to go online to check my CL to make sure it wasn't decreased (it was just increased about 2 months ago, from $4500 to $6000). 

it's still at 6k, but it seems that could change on a whim!

my ficos are 770-782, but my chase freedom is relatively new (about 4 months old)

Smiley Tongue  i was nervous enough to check all my CLs (macy's visa and BofA, both 1 year old last month).  they're intact for now, but in this ever-changing credit climate, who knows for how long.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Chase and argu with them since they were giving me BS answers like :

1. income to debt ratio

2. short history

3.  not opening recent credit card account

I told the rep that is BS. I don't have short history, I opened 2 new accounts and what makes you think I will not be able to make payments on lowsy $700.00 CL.  The guy did a soft pull on my CR and found nothing negative. He said he will reinitiate my credit line. I know I am nt using chase card again. 

Message Edited by Dhaval on 06-02-2009 06:57 AM
Message 6 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

My Chase Freedom is my highest CL, and I'm hopeful they don't touch it. I called Chase the other week and was told "You have to give us a reason to slash you CL".

Yeah, right. 

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check my Chase accounts weekly for CLD, as these are not accounts that get much action and both have decent CLs. My old Providian/Wamu has a 12.5K limit and has a BT parked on it...my old Wamu has a 6k limit and hasn't been used for purchase in 6-8 months. Maybe it's time to dust it off?
Message 8 of 9
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Probably a good idea Vee.  I had a BT parked on my Amazon card, and it went to round 2 cld.  My old wamu and my Chase perfect, which get used have been safe thus far.  *crosses fingers*
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.