Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase matched signup bonus miles... Yay

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Chase matched signup bonus miles... Yay

I got a Chase United Airlines card a few weeks back (more than 30 days) with signup offer of 30k miles. Yesterday I figured on flyertalk that now there is a targeted offer with 50k miles and $50 statement credit.

I called Chase customer service and they said, they can't do it as its more than 30 days. I almost lost hope then I decided to send a secure message. I sent the secure message yesterday and got a reply today confirming they are giving me the bonus miles and $50 credit.

My message:

Good Afternoon! Hope you are doing good today.

Let me introduce myself as <my name>, a loyal Chase customer for more than 2 years. In fact, Chase is my primary card which you can pretty much figure from my spending patterns on Chase cards

I am writing this mail to request an upgrade to better signup offer on my Chase United Card. The current offer that many people are getting is 50k miles on 1k spend in 3 months, 5k miles on adding a AU and $50 statement credit on first purchase.

I will like to request you to consider my account relationship with Chase for over 2 years and please help me with upgraded offer.

Reply:

I am pleased to inform you that because Chase wants the United MileagePlus Card to continue to be the Card of Choice, I added 20,000 bonus miles and a $50.00 statement credit to the account as requested. The adjustment will be reflected on your next billing statement.
Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase matched signup bonus miles... Yay

That's good customer service right there.  Most companies are just going to say you got what you applied for and be done with it. 

Message 2 of 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Unless it recently changed, Chase will match an offer for you if it is within ninety days of opening the account. Perhaps the customer service representative was confused? I always secure message when asking for something, as it seems to get better results.

Message 3 of 4
vish1
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Unless it recently changed, Chase will match an offer for you if it is within ninety days of opening the account. Perhaps the customer service representative was confused? I always secure message when asking for something, as it seems to get better results.

I think the customer service guys are a messed up lot. This happened to me for Chase BA card too. It was about 2 months when they came out with 100k offer after I had taken 50k offer and the customer service told me the rule was 30 days.

I wish I had known better then. I feel sad for my 50k avios which I could have gotten if I knew that secure message works.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.