Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase memory?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase memory?

I had a repo and also a chargeoff about 7 1/2 yrs ago from chase and was thinking about applying again. Would like to know if they have a long memory or is it worth giving it a shot. I had a chargeoff on a providian and wamu blacklist me so they don't even do an inq they just reject me outright. I was thinking about a chase freedom. I joined penfed but giving them 6 months b4 I apply. The CR they pulled has a couple of derog that actually got deleted a week later which kinda sucks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase memory?

I had a paid/settled CO from Chase and it came up as the reason for denial when I applied again (after about 5 years from the paid date).  I was approved based on several factors after the recon.  However, even when I call to ask about my current acct they always try to send me to 'naughty accounts' first.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

so don't hit that submit button right? I have no derog or chase info on my CR but I guess they keep an internal record like wamu.
Message 3 of 6
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Well, hit it if you want to take the risk.  My CO was paid and no longer showing on my CRs.  Chase is known to be pretty good about recons.

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 6
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't waste the inquiry if it is still showing on the CBR's. If you do app make sure you have a good story ready - you will probably need it!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh well, will lay low for now

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.