Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase moving CL's question

tag
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Chase moving CL's question

So my Marriott card has a $28,000 limit and I do not need a limit that high on that particular card. I was wondering if Chase would let me transfer $10,000 of my limit to my Chase Ink card? Has anyone had experience with Chase and transferring a credit limit from a personal card to a business card or vice versa? Thanks!

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase moving CL's question

I have 8 chase cards and have moved the credit limit on 2 of them to other Chase cards. When you call the # on the back of the card, the CSR will transfer you to lending and they will move the limits for you. It is very easy and I am happy with the results. 

Message 2 of 16
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

But have you ever moved a CL from a personal card to a business card?

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have not, but if you call I am sure they will be very helpful in trying to accomodate your request. I have to say that I am happy to deal with Chase as they are always polite and answer my questions.

Message 4 of 16
mccavity

I just got an auto CLI on my Sapphire Preferred the other day, raising my CL on that card to 10kish from 6k. I called in and asked them to please move the CLI to my Freedom, since that would be much more useful for me that on the Sapphire at this time. (6k is more than enough for now on that card)

The CSR was very helpful and moved the CLI over to Freedom with no issues, giving me an 11k limit on my Freedom and leaving me the original 6k on the Sapphire. So far I am rather pleased with Chase Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is helpful general info but I think there might be certain rules about transferring business and personal limits. I read it around here somewhere but cant recall if business to personal wasnt ok or the other way around. Smiley Happy OP it will probably be best to call and ask about this issue. Someone might come along with experience to add.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

most issuers won't mix personal and business. amex is a solid no. i have read that chase is a solid no as well.
Message 7 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, Chase won't reallocate CLs between personal and business cards. I think in extenuating circumstances they *could* but your best bet OP is to contact their UW department or the CL consolidation line, which handles most PRR requests.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes. but also keep in mind that the OP's reasoning is not life changing. it's just slight preference. of course call and ask, but i doubt any exceptions will be made for this reason. sorry
Message 9 of 16
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
most issuers won't mix personal and business. amex is a solid no. i have read that chase is a solid no as well.

I've heard the same, that Chase does not like to let you move CL between personal and business. However, I know one person who has done it, moving a Chase CL from personal to business and back. Here's my hypothesis: maybe if the EIN on the business card is your SSN thus your business card is personally guaranteed by you, then they will let you move the CL back and forth. Again, just a hypothesis based on ONE person's experience. Or maybe that plus xx years experience on one/both cards.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.