FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Chase must really like me!

@Anonymous wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

Give me your offer! Gimme gimme gimme lol

**looks at Frugal's cards and limits**

but I don't think Chase likes you...

The Hyatt VISA is Chase, I'd like to think they like me... kinda. Well, if I get an offer for the CSP like Shush. lol

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 21 of 30
lanc
Regular Contributor

Does the 40k bonus points include the AF being waived for the first year?  I'd rather hit the regular spend requirement and waive the first year fee.  4 cards with chase is definately not too many.  I've heard chase is allowing line transfers again but it sounds like you have to be talking to a senior and let them suggest it to you.

Message 22 of 30
FrugalRican
Blogger

@lanc wrote:

Does the 40k bonus points include the AF being waived for the first year?  I'd rather hit the regular spend requirement and waive the first year fee.  4 cards with chase is definately not too many.  I've heard chase is allowing line transfers again but it sounds like you have to be talking to a senior and let them suggest it to you.

The AF is waived.

The 40K bonus points are for spending 3K in 3 months.

Two separate things.

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 23 of 30
lanc
Regular Contributor

I was wondering if the annual fee was the catch with his preselected offer

Message 24 of 30
FrugalRican
Blogger

Ah, gotcha.

I'm sure they'd still waive it though... not sure though.

Message 25 of 30
MrShush
Valued Contributor

The AF is waived as well.
Message 26 of 30
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Pulled my TU score today with only 4 inq showing--770. They always pull TU on me. I'm so tempted.

Message 27 of 30
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

What does it mean to have a "hidden trade" and what are the pros and cons?

Message 28 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Aspireto850 wrote:

What does it mean to have a "hidden trade" and what are the pros and cons?

Pros: it doesn't show up on your credit report..

Cons: it doesn't show up on your credit report Smiley Happy.

If you have a well established credit file and a good to excellent resulting FICO score, then having a hidden tradeline where you can "hide" large charges which you may need to carry a balance on, and not have it affect your FICO, is typically a good thing.  This assumes that one needs to apply for something or other that checks your credit while the balance would be outstanding on an otherwise reported tradeline which would lower your score most likely.  The hidden tradeline feature prevents that.

That said, for anyone who's still building, I think hidden tradelines are a mistake.  The more you spend through your cards, the more likely you are to ease future approvals for credit cards specifically as the more you spend, the more profitable you are as a customer to potential lenders, and if they can't see the spending on the hidden tradeline, then only Chase gets that benefit.  While Chase is absolutely a good lender, there's more than just them and I discourage anyone from betting the farm on a single lender, even Chase which may be the best in the industry currently for credit cards.

        
Message 29 of 30
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I'm so jealous right now.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.