cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - my CL was reinstated!

tag
77orange77

Chase - my CL was reinstated!

I posted on the "Screw Chase" thread as well. 

I posted a little bit ago about how Chase cut my CL from 12K to $500 for lack of use.  Well, I called Chase and got the same song and dance on how they would have to check my credit to increase my CL.  I said no and that I would file a complaint, then hung up.  I proceeded to file a complaint with BBB.  I think someone has tried to called me from "CreditTrust" about this matter (haven't talked to anyone, just saw that pop up on my caller ID).  Anyhow...guess what????  I checked my Chase account online and low and behold my CL is BACK to 12K.  :-)

So I think it DOES pay to complain to BBB.  However, in the mean time, I applied for a new credit card to try and get my revolving credit back up and now I have a new card.  Now I have even more credit available.  Anyone else have the same outcome?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase - my CL was reinstated!

Wow, that is surprising, but great for you! What did you state as your reason for complaint with the BBB?

Message 2 of 6
77orange77

My reason for the complaint was that my Credit limit was decreased even though I have been a long-time customer (for about 14 years) who was never late with a payment.  I complained that Chase decreased my credit limit without good reason and that the CLD would affect my credit score negatively.  In order to reinstate the credit limit I explained, that Chase insisted on a doing a hard-pull of my credit to get my credit limit reinstated even though all my information has stayed the same and doing that would also affect my credit score negatively.  

I'm curious if Chase customers are getting so many complaints from people like me (who have decent credit, FICO 740-760) and they are reinstating credit limits.  I still haven't used the card.   

Message 3 of 6
Shane1
New Contributor

A few people have reported that Chase has reinstated their credit limits, apparently across the board for recent decreases.

Message 4 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Nice!  I filed complaints w/ BBB, FTC, and Federal Reserve?  I just got a letter and no restoration Smiley Sad 

Message 5 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

77orange77 wrote:.  

I'm curious if Chase customers are getting so many complaints from people like me (who have decent credit, FICO 740-760) and they are reinstating credit limits.  I still haven't used the card.   

Are you planning on using the card.    Chase just announced they are dropping 15% of customers for high risk or non use.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.