Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase not high HP sensitive

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Chase not high HP sensitive

Hey Folks,

I have read here a lot about how sensitive chase is on HPs (hard pulls on credit bureau reports) but I got approved for 4 of their ccs inaddition to the existing auto loan from them, so I couldn't help and write about that here. FYI.

Code

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase not high HP sensitive

I'm not sure how this refutes the claim that Chase is more HP sensitive than most lenders. TBH, I'm not sure if they are or if they aren't but posting that you have 4 Chase cards and an autoloan doesn't really lead me to believe they aren't HP sensitive. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 2 of 5
codesingh
Regular Contributor

well I missed out the fact that my HP count (adding HPs from all 3 bureau reports) was 17 at my first chase app and 26 at the most recent app which does make me conclude that chase after all isn't HP sensitive(at least not for me).

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 3 of 5
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Chase serves tens of millions of customers.  While the evidence is anecdotal at best, dozens or even hundreds of people have shared their experiences on these boards and others regarding trends between Chase CC approvals and number of inquiries.  It wouldn't seem very prudent to me to refute all of that based on two approvals for one customer.

Edit:  Also, HP's are typically tallied per CRA.  When you refer to the number of HP's you have, the lender doesn't add your EX pulls to your EQ and TU pulls, so why would you?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 4 of 5
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

well I missed out the fact that my HP count (adding HPs from all 3 bureau reports) was 17 at my first chase app and 26 at the most recent app which does make me conclude that chase after all isn't HP sensitive(at least not for me).

+1 to this. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.