Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase number for SL reconsideration?

tag
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Chase number for SL reconsideration?

Hello my fellow myFICOians!

I'm wondering if anyone knows of the Chase number I would need to call to have them give me a better starting limit?

I was just approved this morning for a Chase Amazon prime card and my SL is much lower than I wanted.
I'm hoping I can call a number and have them reuse the credit report they pulled for the app, as to not initiate another HP.

Does anyone know if they can reuse the app report and give me a higher CL?

Thanks in advanced!
Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase number for SL reconsideration?

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
Hello my fellow myFICOians!

I'm wondering if anyone knows of the Chase number I would need to call to have them give me a better starting limit?

I was just approved this morning for a Chase Amazon prime card and my SL is much lower than I wanted.
I'm hoping I can call a number and have them reuse the credit report they pulled for the app, as to not initiate another HP.

Does anyone know if they can reuse the app report and give me a higher CL?

Thanks in advanced!
Cheers!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you ask for a CLI now, it definitely will be another HP and positive results definitely aren't guaranteed

Message 2 of 9
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Noooooo!! That's what I was afraid of 😩😩.

On a side note, is there some way I could tell what the maximum credit limit could ever be on the Chase Amazon prime card?

I want to know if I can expect my card to grow anymore than it is ($9,000) through auto CLI's.

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Expecting auto cli with Chase is not the best thing to do because they seem so rare and random. Its quite possible an auto from them might be big like 5 or 6k , but then again could be just 1 or 2 k. Besides asking for me, probably a hp, you could always app a different Chase card and then move that limit over.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called for recon, I used the number for Chase Lending posted in the stickied thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

It will take a HP but it could be worth it. Otherwise you'll be waiting on the possibility of an auto CLI anywhere from 3- never months. 

Message 5 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
Noooooo!! That's what I was afraid of 😩😩.

On a side note, is there some way I could tell what the maximum credit limit could ever be on the Chase Amazon prime card?

I want to know if I can expect my card to grow anymore than it is ($9,000) through auto CLI's.

Cheers!

You got $9K on the Amazon.com Visa- that's actually at the very high end of the starting limits. Even with good payment history, decent income, and other large limits reporting, Chase is known to hand people $500 to $2.5K starting limits on this card. It's actually one of the easiest Chase cards to get approved for, so the starting limits tend to skew towards sub-$5K. It's the only card I know of that can start at a $500 limit and still be a Visa Signature product Smiley LOL

There is no defined maximum credit limit on Chase cards - They'll lend you what they feel comfortable with. If you are going for a large limit from Chase, you should be applying for the CSR or CSP, or one of their travel cards. 

Message 6 of 9
thummel
Established Contributor

That's a really good limit for the amazon from chase. I wouldn't push for an increase. It's not worth the HP.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you really want a higher CL, suck it up and just take the HP.  The HP will be on a different bureau than the one(s) they hit you with for the app, so it's not like you'll be getting double-hit on any single bureau.  As some stated already, you may only get a marginal increase... maybe nothing, perhaps a big one.  No way to tell.  $9k isn't bad.  My SL on this card was $10k and I have a very similar profile to yours if I remember correctly.  I apped for the CSP at the same time with the intention of a PC downgrade from the CSP before the AF hits the first time, well after the $500 bonus comes my way, but also because I knew I'd get a pretty decent SL on the CSP ($18,400 it ended up being) which I could move some of to my Amazon when I do the PC downgrade to Freedom at some point.

Message 8 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I agree with Brutal, I waited 30 days on business made sure I met bonus and PIF gave them a ring and went from 17k to 25k. So it can be worth it if your CR seems fit, and income is okay.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.