Did you mean: 

Chase offer online only banking?

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase offer online only banking?

@mirachi wrote:

Does this link work? Chase Checking

Once you put the colon after the https, it does XD but the again I am in a Chase area, so not sure it it'll go through for the OP...

Message 11 of 22
mirachi
Regular Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@mirachi wrote:

Does this link work? Chase Checking

Once you put the colon after the https, it does XD but the again I am in a Chase area, so not sure it it'll go through for the OP...

LOL realized that was an issue so I edited my original response >___<

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 12 of 22
beb86
Valued Contributor

Try an Savings account maybe with them??? And since Chase is a national bank you would think the were everywhere lol

Message 13 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

They used to offer acounts everywhere but now they do not. In 2009? I was able to open one with a Maryland address, but am not able to now.  I had to use a Michigan address to finally be able to open a chequing account with them. Asking a customer service representative will not help, as I tried. They will say they can only open it over the telephone if the address you use is in their service area. I even tried ringing a branch and they said the same thing.

They issue credit cards to anyone, but deposit accounts are restriced.

Message 14 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

A bank has to have a license to do business in a given state; however, at least for the OP, Chase has a few branches in NC... so I suspect that is just moot.

North Carolina isni't *that* big of a state especially with the major areas representated for Chase locations, field trip it would be my recommendation Smiley Happy.

        
Message 15 of 22
solxp
Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

A bank has to have a license to do business in a given state; however, at least for the OP, Chase has a few branches in NC... so I suspect that is just moot.

North Carolina isni't *that* big of a state especially with the major areas representated for Chase locations, field trip it would be my recommendation Smiley Happy.

I live in the 3rd largest city in north carolina but there are no chase locations here. I travel to raleigh and charlotte on a semi regular basis does chase have a location there? When i did a branch lookup the nearest location is showed for me was West Virgina  if you know of location closer  please let me know. 

Message 16 of 22
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I was having the same issue with this last year. I live in MA and there are no retail branches here. The closest one would be 4 hours away in NYC. I tried and tried and couldn't open an account online or on the phone. I ended up changing my address to my friend's address in NYC and opened an account online that way. After that I changed my address back to my MA address.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 17 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@solxp wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I live in the 3rd largest city in north carolina but there are no chase locations here. I travel to raleigh and charlotte on a semi regular basis does chase have a location there? When i did a branch lookup the nearest location is showed for me was West Virgina  if you know of location closer  please let me know. 

Ah heck, appears there were some old business locations when I went a Googling last night before posting this; but using the lookup straight on the Chase website you're correct.

Oh hrm, the link I had was actually a Chase page.

I don't know, take a look at it maybe it helps maybe it doesnt:

https://locator.chase.com/sitemap/north-carolina/

        
Message 18 of 22
solxp
Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@solxp wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Ah heck, appears there were some old business locations when I went a Googling last night before posting this; but using the lookup straight on the Chase website you're correct.

Oh hrm, the link I had was actually a Chase page.

I don't know, take a look at it maybe it helps maybe it doesnt:

https://locator.chase.com/sitemap/north-carolina/

@Revelate thanks for the Effort.

I tried the link and it seem to work up til the last step and then same results closest branch is two states away. Its very weird because your link actually showed 3 cities in north carolina (wonder if these might be old JP Morgan locations) and then it let me drill down to zip codes within those citys but on last step it pops me back to the big map and says nothing within 35 miles and when I expand search radius it then shows West Virgina and Kentucky as the closes states. I have some family up north so I guess I could use a address up there to open a account. Just wondering if using a new address might somehow cause that address to show up on my credit reports. I own a home and have lived there for over 20 years now and I am pretty sure length of time at current residence is factored into scoring somehow.

Message 19 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Address matters not at all when it comes to FICO, and actually it gets changed / is inaccurate all the time.

Underwriters *might* look at it, and in some cases (*cough* Cap One) who pull multiple reports, if your address don't match between reports people have reported issues.

In your case you may not have much issue having been in once place for decades; on my reports having moved all over the US until 8 years ago, I was pretty stunned and surprised how many outright wrong and mistaken addresses I'd lived at according to my credit reports... and some places I actually had lived weren't there at all.  

It's all in what lenders have on record for you when they update their tradelines.

        
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.