Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase offer online only banking?

tag
solxp
Contributor

Chase offer online only banking?

I thought I had a read on these forums that Chase was ending the 10% deal however I just got a new terms and cc agreement letter in the mail that also included fee and reward literature. It said all I needed to do was open a chase banking account and I would be eligible for the 10% deal. The problem is I do not live in a area were Chase has a banking presence(North Carolina) and I did not see anywhere online to open a Chase checking. I was just wondering if anyone knows if such a product exists. What I would like to do is stick 5000.00 or whatever minimum I need to avoid fees in a online checking account and just let it sit there..

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase offer online only banking?

@solxp wrote:

I thought I had a read on these forums that Chase was ending the 10% deal however I just got a new terms and cc agreement letter in the mail that also included fee and reward literature. It said all I needed to do was open a chase banking account and I would be eligible for the 10% deal. The problem is I do not live in a area were Chase has a banking presence(North Carolina) and I did not see anywhere online to open a Chase checking. I was just wondering if anyone knows if such a product exists. What I would like to do is stick 5000.00 or whatever minimum I need to avoid fees in a online checking account and just let it sit there..

I believe most of their accounts you can use strictly online while having the benefit of in-store service...just go to chase.com and check our their checking/savings products...i know for sure you can open an account online!

Message 2 of 22
solxp
Contributor

That the problem I just went back to Chase logged on to my account and I do not see any way to open a checking account online. Clicking product and services tab 3rd tab after My account and Payments and transfers just shows me a blank page.

Message 3 of 22
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@solxp wrote:

That the problem I just went back to Chase logged on to my account and I do not see any way to open a checking account online. Clicking product and services tab 3rd tab after My account and Payments and transfers just shows me a blank page.

Don't log in, just go directly through the website...for example, here's the link to the Chase Total Checking, with a green "open now" button to the right! https://www.chase.com/checking/total-checking

Message 4 of 22
solxp
Contributor

Update 2  If i go to Chase.com and do not sign into my account I can select products and then select checking however that prompts me to enter my zip code and once I do that I get the following msg.

The Chase product or service you selected is not available in the ZIP code you entered. Please check the ZIP code to be sure it was entered correctly. 

then it puts me back to my account login screen.

Message 5 of 22
solxp
Contributor

could u try using a 27408 zip and see if it works for you.

Message 6 of 22
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

That stinks :/ I'll search the website to see if they have any strictly online accounts; I guess some of their accounts won't let you open them unless you're in their banking area...

Message 7 of 22
solxp
Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

That stinks :/ I'll search the website to see if they have any strictly online accounts; I guess some of their accounts won't let you open them unless you're in their banking area...

@daybreakgonesXe Thanks for your Effort. I am thinking the same as you. I guess I am going to need to call them. 

Message 8 of 22
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Just tried it...looks like they won't let you open an account outside their banking area...thursday morning give them a call and see if they have any online accounts the CSR may be able to offer you for being outside their network...otherwise looks like it's a no-go for one of their banking accounts :/

Message 9 of 22
mirachi
Regular Contributor

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.