Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,914
Registered: ‎11-17-2012
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?


mirachi wrote:

Does this link work? Chase Checking


Once you put the colon after the https, it does XD but the again I am in a Chase area, so not sure it it'll go through for the OP...

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $20k | JCPenney Gold $10k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $13.7k | Discover IT $14.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k | American Express BCE $11.3k

FICOS: EX 756 EQ 735 TU 752 VantageScore 3.0: EX 741 EQ 744 TU 745 Credit Sesame (EX) 748 Credit.com (EX) 792 CapOne (TU) 787 Quizzle (EQ) 749
Regular Contributor
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?


daybreakgonesXe wrote:

mirachi wrote:

Does this link work? Chase Checking


Once you put the colon after the https, it does XD but the again I am in a Chase area, so not sure it it'll go through for the OP...


LOL realized that was an issue so I edited my original response >___<


Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?

Try an Savings account maybe with them??? And since Chase is a national bank you would think the were everywhere lol

ccpics2.jpg
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,997
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?

They used to offer acounts everywhere but now they do not. In 2009? I was able to open one with a Maryland address, but am not able to now.  I had to use a Michigan address to finally be able to open a chequing account with them. Asking a customer service representative will not help, as I tried. They will say they can only open it over the telephone if the address you use is in their service area. I even tried ringing a branch and they said the same thing.

 

They issue credit cards to anyone, but deposit accounts are restriced.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 12,475
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?

A bank has to have a license to do business in a given state; however, at least for the OP, Chase has a few branches in NC... so I suspect that is just moot.

 

North Carolina isni't *that* big of a state especially with the major areas representated for Chase locations, field trip it would be my recommendation Smiley Happy.

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?


Revelate wrote:

A bank has to have a license to do business in a given state; however, at least for the OP, Chase has a few branches in NC... so I suspect that is just moot.

 

North Carolina isni't *that* big of a state especially with the major areas representated for Chase locations, field trip it would be my recommendation Smiley Happy.


I live in the 3rd largest city in north carolina but there are no chase locations here. I travel to raleigh and charlotte on a semi regular basis does chase have a location there? When i did a branch lookup the nearest location is showed for me was West Virgina  if you know of location closer  please let me know. 

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,040
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?

I was having the same issue with this last year. I live in MA and there are no retail branches here. The closest one would be 4 hours away in NYC. I tried and tried and couldn't open an account online or on the phone. I ended up changing my address to my friend's address in NYC and opened an account online that way. After that I changed my address back to my MA address.

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 12,475
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?


solxp wrote:

Revelate wrote:

A bank has to have a license to do business in a given state; however, at least for the OP, Chase has a few branches in NC... so I suspect that is just moot.

 

North Carolina isni't *that* big of a state especially with the major areas representated for Chase locations, field trip it would be my recommendation Smiley Happy.


I live in the 3rd largest city in north carolina but there are no chase locations here. I travel to raleigh and charlotte on a semi regular basis does chase have a location there? When i did a branch lookup the nearest location is showed for me was West Virgina  if you know of location closer  please let me know. 


Ah heck, appears there were some old business locations when I went a Googling last night before posting this; but using the lookup straight on the Chase website you're correct.

 

Oh hrm, the link I had was actually a Chase page.

 

I don't know, take a look at it maybe it helps maybe it doesnt:

 

https://locator.chase.com/sitemap/north-carolina/

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?


Revelate wrote:

solxp wrote:

Revelate wrote:

A bank has to have a license to do business in a given state; however, at least for the OP, Chase has a few branches in NC... so I suspect that is just moot.

 

North Carolina isni't *that* big of a state especially with the major areas representated for Chase locations, field trip it would be my recommendation Smiley Happy.


I live in the 3rd largest city in north carolina but there are no chase locations here. I travel to raleigh and charlotte on a semi regular basis does chase have a location there? When i did a branch lookup the nearest location is showed for me was West Virgina  if you know of location closer  please let me know. 


Ah heck, appears there were some old business locations when I went a Googling last night before posting this; but using the lookup straight on the Chase website you're correct.

 

Oh hrm, the link I had was actually a Chase page.

 

I don't know, take a look at it maybe it helps maybe it doesnt:

 

https://locator.chase.com/sitemap/north-carolina/


@Revelate thanks for the Effort.

 

I tried the link and it seem to work up til the last step and then same results closest branch is two states away. Its very weird because your link actually showed 3 cities in north carolina (wonder if these might be old JP Morgan locations) and then it let me drill down to zip codes within those citys but on last step it pops me back to the big map and says nothing within 35 miles and when I expand search radius it then shows West Virgina and Kentucky as the closes states. I have some family up north so I guess I could use a address up there to open a account. Just wondering if using a new address might somehow cause that address to show up on my credit reports. I own a home and have lived there for over 20 years now and I am pretty sure length of time at current residence is factored into scoring somehow.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 12,475
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase offer online only banking?

Address matters not at all when it comes to FICO, and actually it gets changed / is inaccurate all the time.

 

Underwriters *might* look at it, and in some cases (*cough* Cap One) who pull multiple reports, if your address don't match between reports people have reported issues.

 

In your case you may not have much issue having been in once place for decades; on my reports having moved all over the US until 8 years ago, I was pretty stunned and surprised how many outright wrong and mistaken addresses I'd lived at according to my credit reports... and some places I actually had lived weren't there at all.  

 

It's all in what lenders have on record for you when they update their tradelines.

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.