Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase offering $300 cash back, link within

tag
vizon
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase offering $300 cash back, link within

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW, the APRs are tiered with the bonuses.  Taking the $300 gives you a higher APR, so it might be smart to apply for the $100 bonus and then have them match the extra $200.

This is not such a good idea. They can only issue 7500 points in one month and a someone else has to accomadate a higher offer. The guy I spoke with said they generally only match mail offers with the code, but he would do it for me anyway (it was just $100, not $200 difference).

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The guy you talked with was either misinformed or intentionally misleading you because I got 10k points immediately by sending a secured message.  If he said there's a 7500 cap on it, he's wrong, so I wouldn't bother with any of the other information he gave you either.

Message 12 of 16
vizon
Regular Contributor

You are incorrect, there is a 7500 point cap for regular reps. Anything beyond that has to be approved by higher management which leaves more room for disapproval if you don't have the code from a snail mail offer. (You could get them to honor 10,000 points but I am not so sure about 20,000 extra)

My best friends mom is a bigwig at chase, and she has taken care of all my business accounts, regular accounts, credit accounts etc. I know a decent bit about chase.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.. I'm tempted, just go get 60% back...

Message 14 of 16
vizon
Regular Contributor

It is great to go buy some new furniture and get a huge discount! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vizon wrote:

You are incorrect, there is a 7500 point cap for regular reps. Anything beyond that has to be approved by higher management which leaves more room for disapproval if you don't have the code from a snail mail offer. (You could get them to honor 10,000 points but I am not so sure about 20,000 extra)

My best friends mom is a bigwig at chase, and she has taken care of all my business accounts, regular accounts, credit accounts etc. I know a decent bit about chase.

Not to start a debate or anything, but I was able to get an extra 20K points ($200) from a frontline CSR. I signed up for the $100 bonus and once I spent $500 I just sent a message to Chase with a link to the higher sign-up bonus. A member of their email servicing team credited my account within an hour. There is a thread about 2-3 weeks old on here where several people mentioned being able to do that. If you're having trouble, its better to use their Secure Message Center since those people seem to know the rules inside out.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.