cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase or AMEX? Plus, a ton of questions!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase or AMEX? Plus, a ton of questions!

@maksimfa wrote:

The marriott is well worth the annual fee. If you stay at Marriott,  the card more than pays for itself.  Points are also great for vacation travel package redemptions.

also, apply for the Amex blue cash, the old one while you can.Smiley Happy 5% cash back on gas! drugs! groceries after 6,500.

Well, only if you expect to charge a lot to the credit card.   Below $6,500 you are getting 0.5 or 1%

Message 11 of 12
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase or AMEX? Plus, a ton of questions!

@ras_34 wrote:

Thank yku for all ofyour replys.  I do enjoy staying at Marriott's and with work and do really really like the look of that black metal card.  Looks aside, I feel that the sign up bonus is one that I cannot pass up.  I also don't want any more cards below a 5k limit.  The MR card is a visa signature and im afraid I won't get a high credit limit with Barclaycard since I do not havearelationship

I have not considered getting 3 new cards but if that is what is best and gives me the best chance at some higher limit cards then I will app.  

Reason I was considering the Amex is because I do want a revolver with them.  But perhaps the Blue Sky isn't the best route. Any other amex revolver ideas?

I had no relationship with Barclays when I apped for Sallie Mae - instant 6,300 CL (beat highest CL on CR at the time of 5k) on a 35k income...

so I doubt that plays a large part on CL

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.