cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase or Citi credit card? Which gives high CL?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase or Citi credit card? Which gives high CL?

Matt Citi took me up from 4.8K to 11.2K in a year no pulls. I had to beg to go from 5-10 with Chase an EX pull at that. Chase APR 13.24% Citi 6.74%. YMMV. 
Message 11 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

SmallFry-  how often did you use the Citi card to get an auto increase?  did you allow citi to make any money in interest off you?
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree Citi is the better choice  my wife was preapproved for a diamond rewards  mc 8400 and 2 days after

they called her and said they had a special rate and bonus points if she would accept the diamond rewards Amex 6 000.  After she got the amex but before she activated she called and had them combined for a 14,400

Diamond Rewards MC. and chopped up the amex...

I have had great luck with them have both diamond and cash returns moved from 8700 and 7000 k

to 10,700 and 10,400 within 9months  love buttion appears every 3 months so far.  Just added the forward card, great for restaurants and movies in April 7k.

Chase on the other hand ask for a CLI and they give you 500 with a hard pull  not worth the inquiry...

Go with citi....charge lots and PIF and they will increase it.

Message 13 of 16
m00nScape

What's the difference between Citi Platinum Select (Mastercard) and Citi Diamond (Mastercard)? Which has a higher CL?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's not much difference between the Platinum Select and Diamond Preferred.  You should go to citicards.com and look at their different cards (30 at last count).

The CL is more based on youir personal credit history, DTI, etc. than which of the cards you choose.  

Get the card, make timely payments, and CITI does reward you with generous CLI.

Message 15 of 16
mark925
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The CL is more based on youir personal credit history, DTI, etc. than which of the cards you choose.  

Get the card, make timely payments, and CITI does reward you with generous CLI.

Very, very true. 

My experience with Citi has been nothing but awesome the last 8 months.  I got a ratejack reversed (and got a better APR out of it) back in November last year, 2 weeks later I got a CLI from $4k to $5,400....then about a week ago  I got another CLI ($2,000 CLI).  Then right after that I tried applying for their CitiForward card and ended up with a $6k CL.

Citi has been one company where if you stick with it and keep your nose clean they will reward you.  I know that's tough to even say or believe in the current climate, but in my case it's been true.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.