Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase policy on multiple apps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase policy on multiple apps

So I was just recently approved for my first Chase card, a Freedom, only because I had a pre-qual for it, CSP, and Slate. 

My Discover double cash back ends on the 28th of Feb, and therefore I will need a new daily spend card and have been drawn to the Freedom Unlimited so I can start earning URs on everyday spend.

So my question is, what is Chase's policy on apps that are pretty close together? Do I need to wait before they will approve me for FU, or with me being approved 3 days ago for Freedom does that not make a difference.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase policy on multiple apps

Id wait ... too many apps too close together...

Edit: I misread your post and thought you actually apped for all three cards.. That said I'd wait at least 30 days between apps...

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'd wait and let your scores recover a little more. Have you requested a CLI on that Quicksilver and 3X with AMEX? Don't know what's your UTI but they can help bring them down if you're over 30%.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I'd wait and let your scores recover a little more. Have you requested a CLI on that Quicksilver and 3X with AMEX? Don't know what's your UTI but they can help bring them down if you're over 30%.

Quicksilver has gone from 300-800-1300-1550, dont use it much at all maybe once every two months right now since Discover is at double cash back.

AMEX wont give me a 3X CLI, Ive been trying every three months.

Overall UTI is at 7%

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look for preapprovals and those are pretty solid with Chase. 

Message 5 of 9
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was just recently approved for my first Chase card, a Freedom, only because I had a pre-qual for it, CSP, and Slate. 

My Discover double cash back ends on the 28th of Feb, and therefore I will need a new daily spend card and have been drawn to the Freedom Unlimited so I can start earning URs on everyday spend.

So my question is, what is Chase's policy on apps that are pretty close together? Do I need to wait before they will approve me for FU, or with me being approved 3 days ago for Freedom does that not make a difference.

why not pc to the fu?  you can do that right now.  assuming you are close to a branch I would app there but I would not app until you have hit ~700 a bit.  I did a csp on mon and a ink on wed this week and it a snap.  your profile has to support it but the real ? why app if all you are going to do is get a <sl or r>%, you will never want to take an hp for a cli, why would you when a new app can usually yield a better sl and then you can drain the line into your other cards as I did with the csp.  so in closing, I would not app, I would pc and visit the garden.  I will see you there

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i pc though, i wont get the sign up bonus.  the hit to aaoa doesnt bother me one bit if im getting $150 for it, also the hp for the cli doesnt bother me either, it will be gone in two years

Message 7 of 9
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if i pc though, i wont get the sign up bonus.  the hit to aaoa doesnt bother me one bit if im getting $150 for it, also the hp for the cli doesnt bother me either, it will be gone in two years

I love a nice bonus so I hear you but am not fond of low sl's and that is what you might get if you app again with chase.  its not impossible to grow limits with chase but they are no discover

Message 8 of 9
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Preapproved offers from Chase is the way that some folks can get past the 5/24 restriction for Chase's newest products. The Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Reserve, and Sapphire Reserve, for instance, automatically decline applications for those with five or more cards within the past 24 months unless there is a preapproved offer.

The Slate is an easy card to get, and it's main advantage is fee-free balance transfers at account opening. 

Chase will approve two cards on the same day. Depending on your profile, Chase may HP one or multiple bureaus. Most bureaus consolidate multiple inquiries performed by the same lender on the same day.  I recently used this tactic for two applications - only one was approved, but to get one approved by moving CLs around was a surprise enough.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.