Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase possible internal score?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Chase possible internal score?

So i got my slate card along with a credit score from Chase. However instead of saying like which CB the score came from it said Chase Acquistion Score Risk. Does this mean this is their internal score? 

Does this mean the computer doesnt look at Fico scoring after your first approval with them? 

Or when some lenders close your account due to a low score do they look at their internal score or Fico Score?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase possible internal score?

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i got my slate card along with a credit score from Chase. However instead of saying like which CB the score came from it said Chase Acquistion Score Risk. Does this mean this is their internal score? 

Does this mean the computer doesnt look at Fico scoring after your first approval with them? 

Or when some lenders close your account due to a low score do they look at their internal score or Fico Score?

I dunno. I've gotten no such letter. Just T&C's.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that Chase Acquistion Score Risk thing on my approval letter as well when I got my approval for my Chase Freedom and Chase AARP. Some internal scoring method is the only thing that makes sense to me since I got high starting limits on both and my FICO scores are not good, and no other creditor has trusted me with even close to the limits I have on those cards. In any case, their internal scoring (if it exists) appears to be skewed in my favor, so no complaints here!

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, this is their internal score.

Message 4 of 9
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

Chase heavily uses internal score. From what I have read part of it is based on your relation with chase.
I have way too many cards ...
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes chase has their own score and it's their own scoring model based on Experian.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess their scoring model adores me then.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my freedom denial in the mail today. I guess their internal score doesn't like me. My score according to their risk model was 563 lol! Guess they don't like all my new accounts opened in the past few months. And my diners isnt reporting yet. I don't even feel like a recon this time. Guess I will wait like 6 months before I try with them again.

Message 8 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Depends on the creditor.  Creditors are not all identical.  Some rely on internal scores.  Some rely on FICO's.  Some use something else like VantageScore.  Some may refer to more than one.  Keep in mind that it's also not just about score.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.