Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pre-qual site - finally!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pre-qual site - finally!!!

Two pre-qualified options showed today...
1. slate
2. Freedom

Didn't apply yet... Which one would you go for?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase pre-qual site - finally!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Two pre-qualified options showed today...
1. slate
2. Freedom

Didn't apply yet... Which one would you go for?

That will be different for everyone as everyone's needs are different.  You are the one applying so why do you want either of these cards?  Which one will work best for you?

Message 2 of 6
bch238
Regular Contributor

Freedom, unless BT is what you want.  Slate has no other tangible benefit over Freedom.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 3 of 6
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

I have both cards. The freedom card is the winner of the two for me with the cash back earnings. Slate is one of my Emergency Only cards... Never used it.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 4 of 6
Windowguy
Valued Member

Its up to you to pick....if you need a big purchase then do Slate because of the 0% however if you spend a lot and pay often then do the Freedom because of the rewards. You can do 1 today and the other one in 30 days that's my experiences. i open Slate 12/31/2015 and Freedom 02/01/2016. 

Message 5 of 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I'm not aware of your exact situation, but the day that Slate pops up for me, I'm allllllll about it!  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.