cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pre-qualify says Freedom or CSP ?

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase pre-qualify says Freedom or CSP ?

@Anonymous wrote:
Math: sapphire preferred: 4k spend in non bonused categories in the first 3 months gets you 54k with the sign-up bonus, 58k if bonused

Freedom: 1.5k spend on 5x categories per quarter for four quarters plus sign-up bonus gets you 45k only

Thanks for this information but, I'm really only after 1 more card ( maybe 2 as the Care Credit is seen as a "retail card") and I am retired, travel is limited ,  spending has been by cash only, for yrs, and looking for a total of 3 CC's for my portfolio .  

No store cards then...I'm done !! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom unlimited is straight 1.5% back on purchases, where the Freedom is 1% with 5% rotating categories. The unlimited is good if most your spend isn't category spend. Typical categories are grocery, department stores, amazon, gas, and restaurants. You can see a list online for each quarter this year. Most of my money goes towards other things, so while I get decent rewards from the 5%, it's not as heavily used.

I have both cards and I can combine my points, which I really like. If you're debating between unlimited and Freedom, try looking at your current spend to see what makes sense. I don't think the unlimited is out of reach just cause it wasn't listed on the prequal. I don't think it popped in mine or my mom's when we tried it, but both were approved.
Message 12 of 13
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Freedom unlimited is straight 1.5% back on purchases, where the Freedom is 1% with 5% rotating categories. The unlimited is good if most your spend isn't category spend. Typical categories are grocery, department stores, amazon, gas, and restaurants. You can see a list online for each quarter this year. Most of my money goes towards other things, so while I get decent rewards from the 5%, it's not as heavily used.

I have both cards and I can combine my points, which I really like. If you're debating between unlimited and Freedom, try looking at your current spend to see what makes sense. I don't think the unlimited is out of reach just cause it wasn't listed on the prequal. I don't think it popped in mine or my mom's when we tried it, but both were approved.

Thanks for explaining it ! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.