Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase prequal question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase prequal question

So... I finally have CSP showing up on their prequal, but I am 900% sure they are SP'ing TU for the prequal check. I have been cleaning up my reports for a while now, TU and EQ are almost perfect, just a 7 year old paid judgement left so I may ask them for EE. However, EX is still lagging on getting records updated so they are still showing a few medical collections and I know that Chase HP's EX for me here in Utah.

Fairly sure I can get all 3 100% clean if I keep working on it for another maybe 2-3 months, so would you guys agree I should do that before applying for CSP? Even if I could squeeze an approval or recon approval out of them now, my guess would be that the SL would be the 5k minimum, where I would guess that applying with totally spotless reports could net a bit higher SL.

What do you guys think?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase prequal question

Better be safe than sorry.  If you can wait 2-3 months, then do so.  Chase isn't going anywhere and the card will still be there in 2-3 months.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Definitely get your reports clean first.  Do not rely on prequals.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes wait...your approval CL will be substantial then. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys - I was guessing that was probably the best choice but figured it never hurts to ask the experts! Smiley Wink

Even with that old judgement, TU and EQ are still about 770 so I will just be patient for a little longer so that EX will catch up.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.