Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase prequalifier message

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Chase prequalifier message

I always get the following message anytime I try to check prequalified offers with chase. This started a long time ago and it's still going on today. Does anyone know why? Thanks!

"We are unable to locate any offers for you at this time.

This may be because you have opted out of "prescreened" offers from Chase and other companies or you have recently responded to another offer from Chase.

However, we may still have products to meet your needs. Please continue to Chase.com."

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase prequalifier message

@Jaylima91 wrote:

I always get the following message anytime I try to check prequalified offers with chase. This started a long time ago and it's still going on today. Does anyone know why? Thanks!

This may be because you have opted out of "prescreened" offers from Chase and other companies or you have recently responded to another offer from Chase.

However, we may still have products to meet your needs. Please continue to Chase.com."

I've posted on this awhile ago, from what I've been told this is the normal prequal answer as to not having anything available for you. Which i personally like the other site prequal response better this just kind of throws you off kind of second guessing if you are opt in or out lol. But yeah this is normal I get this as well.

Message 2 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

I've posted on this awhile ago, from what I've been told this is the normal prequal answer as to not having anything available for you. Which i personally like the other site prequal response better this just kind of throws you off kind of second guessing if you are opt in or out lol. But yeah this is normal I get this as well.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

As the message stated, if you opted out that's why you're getting the message.

If you did not opt out or you opted in then you don't qualify.

That said, don't rely on prequals.  They're just marketing.  They are never a guarantee no matter how "solid" someone may claim one to be.  Use your needs/wants to select cards that suit you.  Don't let a creditor's marketing department determine what you apply for.

Message 4 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

For me personally... historically, I would app for a Chase card. then get this message for a few months and the pre-qual would show up again. When they instated the 5/24 rule, this "no offers" message has stayed up since.

Do you have more than 5 new accounts in the past 24 months?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

For me personally... historically, I would app for a Chase card. then get this message for a few months and the pre-qual would show up again. When they instated the 5/24 rule, this "no offers" message has stayed up since.

Do you have more than 5 new accounts in the past 24 months?

+1

This.

Just about everyone on this forum should be getting that now as I am sure we are all guilty of 5/24

Message 6 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

I only have the CSP with Chase so I don't think the 5/24 rule applies to me. I really want the Freedom to start the new year with since it has nice spend categories in 2016. I may be approved for the Freedom but I don't want chase to ask me to move limits from my CSP which is at $25k CL.
Message 7 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
I only have the CSP with Chase so I don't think the 5/24 rule applies to me. I really want the Freedom to start the new year with since it has nice spend categories in 2016. I may be approved for the Freedom but I don't want chase to ask me to move limits from my CSP which is at $25k CL.

the 5/24 rule applies to all CC accounts you have gotten in the last 2 years not just chase cards in the last 2 years....

Message 8 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Oh alright. Then maybe I won't qualify. I wasn't aware that it applies to all cards you've applied for in the last 24 months.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.