Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pulled EQ

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Chase pulled EQ

I called backdoor # again, just to see if they might increase CL to $5k. (I know; I'm greedy. Smiley Tongue Smiley Embarassed) It was a no-go, but the rep told me that they had pulled my EQ CR, which surprised me because based on the posts I had read, I expected it to be most likely EX (since I'm on the west coast) or possibly TU. She said that they pull the CRs randomly, so there's no way to predict *which* one they'll pull.

She also said that if I wanted to ask for a CLI, she'd transfer me and they'd pull my credit again -- and it would be a random pull -- so it could be EQ, which would NOT be a 2nd HP, but it could also be EX or TU, which would be a 2nd HP. I'm not pressing my luck and don't want a 2nd HP, so didn't pursue it.

Anyway,  just thought everyone might want to know, the CR that Chase pulls is literally the luck of the draw. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase pulled EQ

Thanks for the info.  Congrats on your new Chase card! 

They pulled TU for me for the Freedom and then EX for my recon.  I guess with them, you never know!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 17
getahead
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I called backdoor # again, just to see if they might increase CL to $5k. (I know; I'm greedy. Smiley Tongue Smiley Embarassed) It was a no-go, but the rep told me that they had pulled my EQ CR, which surprised me because based on the posts I had read, I expected it to be most likely EX (since I'm on the west coast) or possibly TU. She said that they pull the CRs randomly, so there's no way to predict *which* one they'll pull.

She also said that if I wanted to ask for a CLI, she'd transfer me and they'd pull my credit again -- and it would be a random pull -- so it could be EQ, which would NOT be a 2nd HP, but it could also be EX or TU, which would be a 2nd HP. I'm not pressing my luck and don't want a 2nd HP, so didn't pursue it.

Anyway,  just thought everyone might want to know, the CR that Chase pulls is literally the luck of the draw. Smiley Happy

When I applied for the Freedom, they pulled EQ for me here in Hawaii

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 3 of 17
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

They pulled TU for me earlier this week when I app'd for the SW card in PA.  It's interesting that they're a bit random - not a bad strategy on their part I guess lol

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 4 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@getahead wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

When I applied for the Freedom, they pulled EQ for me here in Hawaii

How long ago did you app for your Freedom card? I'm in Hawaii and Chase "used" to always pull EX on us residents.

Message 5 of 17
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I recently applied for the United Explorer Card with chase and had a different experience.  I initially thought my app was declined because I got the 7-10 message response.  After calling the recon #, they informed me that my EX was frozen and offered to pull a different report.  They gave me the choice.  Maybe I got lucky? Well not really since I was declined Smiley Sad

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 6 of 17
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@modernsurrender wrote:

They pulled TU for me earlier this week when I app'd for the SW card in PA.  It's interesting that they're a bit random - not a bad strategy on their part I guess lol

Did they approve you for the SW card?

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Chase pulled EQ for me in NC a couple months ago on a CLI request.  Congrats on the new card.

Message 8 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

I'm in the West Coast, and Chase always pulls EQ for me.

Message 9 of 17
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

MsLadyRover - Yes they did on 4/2, instant approval online - although they didn't disclose the CL so I'm waiting on the card to find that out.

I feel like I may have gotten lucky based on everything I've read here about Chase, or maybe the SW card is a little looser with it's requirements than other Chase cards.  I've got loads of baddies on my CR falling off this year, and a couple that will remain until 2013/14.  However all the accounts I've opened since I started rebuilding in 08 are in perfect condition.

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.