tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase pulled a wierd score

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

That is a VantageScore.

Very possible, Chase is one of the only lender that uses this score, they pull it for some of their CCs.

Ditto. Chase does use the VS for some credit decisions.

*laugh* so CreditKarma scores actually have some value, never would've thunk it.

I suppose that's a bonus in my case, my VS is the only one reliably going up month after month in CK's tracking history.

        
Message 11 of 20
pepper23
Valued Member

they use a fico for me too

tu 653
eq 636
Message 12 of 20
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

*laugh* so CreditKarma scores actually have some value, never would've thunk it.

I suppose that's a bonus in my case, my VS is the only one reliably going up month after month in CK's tracking history.

I was rather shocked myself when I learned that the VS is not 100% FAKO as most "scores" put there. But the VS still cannot be compared or correlated to a FICO score in any form or fashion.

The VS uses different scoring formulas and criteria than FICO so you just can't rely on both of them moving the same direction in reaction to a change in your credit profile.

Message 13 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah and I don't think they use the Vantage Score consistantly, some people report being given a FICO, so it's unclear when they use it....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 20
sqrt
Contributor

They use Vantage score for me as well. (They pulled both EQ and EX).

Did they pull EQ for you?

freedom|forward|delta|spg|It|marriott|dividend|ua|aa|csp|typ
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure if it did, but it gives me eq's contact info and website on the score sheet

Message 16 of 20
clocktick
Valued Contributor

During a Chase recon the other day, I asked the rep if she could tell me my score but she said they don't use the score as a deciding factor for their credit cards.  She said they use what's on the credit report only.

So, who knows?!

Smiley Happy

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 20
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I was rather shocked myself when I learned that the VS is not 100% FAKO as most "scores" put there. But the VS still cannot be compared or correlated to a FICO score in any form or fashion.

The VS uses different scoring formulas and criteria than FICO so you just can't rely on both of them moving the same direction in reaction to a change in your credit profile.

From what i understand they put more emphasis on current data rather than older history. I keep about $1000 a month reporting, (1-2%), but this last week it was only $880. That change going under $1000 gave me a 56 point increase in my TU Vantage score from credit karma. That also gave me an excellant rating, something i have had with fico for some time, but never had until now with vantage. Who knows, what is up with all the different scores, but fico is most used, and besides internal scoring, vantage seems to have some spoadic use, so it is useful to keep track of it. As always, just my opinions.
Message 18 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

not sure if it did, but it gives me eq's contact info and website on the score sheet

Vantage scores are still provided by the three CRA's; however, it's their own design rather than a FICO score... basically a competing product to Fair Issac's models.

        
Message 19 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:

From what i understand they put more emphasis on current data rather than older history. 

This is my understanding with Amex as well.

Ultimately, I think those issuers who focus more on future behavior will be more successful at properly rating risk than those who focus primarily on past behavior.  I've always felt risk models based on the "rear view mirror" approach had very little value relative to the dynamic ones that predict future behavior. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.