Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase questions

I was just approved for a Chase Freedom and this is my first chase product. Is there anyway I can get the card expedited? Or a way to find out my card number to set up online banking? Can I recon my 2,000 SL?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase questions

Chase was pretty good about expediting for me, I don't recall them charging a fee either.  I haven't tried reconning an SL with Chase though...

Oz

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called in, went from 7-10 business days to 1-2 business days on receiving the card! They're expediting it free of charge for me. So far Chase seems to be on par with discover in regards to customer service and that's saying something!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was just approved for a Chase Freedom and this is my first chase product. Is there anyway I can get the card expedited? Or a way to find out my card number to set up online banking? Can I recon my 2,000 SL?

I tried reconning mine.  The agent stated it would be a hard pull to recon!  I ask her if a human would be making the decision and she said no.  The computer would tell her if I was approved for a higher limit.  It was a computer that gave me my initial limit; therefore, what would be the difference with the recon?  I asked her but she couldn't answer.  I told her I changed my mind.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had any issues with Chase customer service.  Even though I'm grumpy with Chase from the AA/CLD, everyone I talked to today seemed helpful and genuine.  

I'm with soloman too on the recon for the SL.  I think Citi and maybe Barclay's are some of the few if you recon the SL it actually goes to a human and not the same computer/algorithm that gave the SL...

Oz

Message 5 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Given your other cards and limits, as well as scores, the staring limit seems relatively reasonable. You can recon it, but I doubt you will get much more. Probably best to show some history and then go for a CLI later.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just called in, went from 7-10 business days to 1-2 business days on receiving the card! They're expediting it free of charge for me. So far Chase seems to be on par with discover in regards to customer service and that's saying something!

Yes I bank with Chase and have three of their credit cards and I've always had a great experience in the branch or contacting customer service over the phone or via SM. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.