Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase "Offers" APR Question

tag
dumaine
Regular Contributor

Chase "Offers" APR Question

Recently I peeked into the "Your Offers" and see that I have 3 offers. Out of curiosity I logged out then went to Chase without logging in and clicked Credit Cards, then "Check for pre qual offers".  Filled out all the required info. The same 3 offers are available...BUT....with APR's 6 points lower on all 3.  Anyone know why?  Thanks!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase "Offers" APR Question

I don't know why...but chase's prequals are pretty solid. You should be pleasantly surprised!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dumaine wrote:

Recently I peeked into the "Your Offers" and see that I have 3 offers. Out of curiosity I logged out then went to Chase without logging in and clicked Credit Cards, then "Check for pre qual offers".  Filled out all the required info. The same 3 offers are available...BUT....with APR's 6 points lower on all 3.  Anyone know why?  Thanks!!

Because the prequal checker is not the same thing as 'your offers' in your account... just like how prequals in a branch are not the same thing as either of the ones you can check for yourself from home.

Go for the one with lower rates Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What wanderingbuilder said; and Chase prequels are great indicators of approval odds
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you get pre-quals on the check your offer site if you are over 5/24 and if you don't have any offers in the "your offers" section? I never check that.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen people posting that they've gotten prequals through the generic Chase site. Been either from already have a Chase account and getting it on their offers page, or people going into a branch to see
Message 6 of 8
dumaine
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dumaine wrote:

Because the prequal checker is not the same thing as 'your offers' in your account... just like how prequals in a branch are not the same thing as either of the ones you can check for yourself from home.

Go for the one with lower rates Smiley Happy

Thanks.....that is about what I figured...just curious!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't seen people posting that they've gotten prequals through the generic Chase site. Been either from already have a Chase account and getting it on their offers page, or people going into a branch to see

This is how I applied from my freedom last week. I didn't have any offers on the my offers page, and I checked on chase.com/prequalified. But I think that page will only prequalify you for slate, freedom and CSP.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.