cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?

tag
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?

If I am a joint honor on a chase checking account (I didn't open the account, I was added to it), will I still be eligible for the 10 bonus points per use on my Chase Freedom?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?

probably work but why not just open your own? doesn't really hurt unless you can't keep a $1,500 minimum deposit in there.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 5
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

probably work but why not just open your own? doesn't really hurt unless you can't keep a $1,500 minimum deposit in there.

I guess I could open my own account, but I primarily bank with USAA and am only wanting the Chase checking for the bonus points associated with using the Freedom.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  

Message 3 of 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

@shinedown87 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

I guess I could open my own account, but I primarily bank with USAA and am only wanting the Chase checking for the bonus points associated with using the Freedom.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  

That's good personally I don't think ANYONE should put all eggs in one basket. I learned my lesson with Bank of America when I had my debit card stolen when overdraft protection was brand new..... because of nice overdraft protection I became penniless for a week. and that happen to happen during my bill pay week =\ I got TONS of late charges I had trouble disputing.... but then I have 6 bank accounts now LOL too much, but always have atleast 2 for security.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 5
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@shinedown87 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

That's good personally I don't think ANYONE should put all eggs in one basket. I learned my lesson with Bank of America when I had my debit card stolen when overdraft protection was brand new..... because of nice overdraft protection I became penniless for a week. and that happen to happen during my bill pay week =\ I got TONS of late charges I had trouble disputing.... but then I have 6 bank accounts now LOL too much, but always have atleast 2 for security.

That's a good way to look at it.  Now that I think about it, I might as well try to round up one of those coupons for a cash bonus upon opening a Chase checking account and go ahead and do it.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.