Reply
New Contributor
shinedown87
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎10-03-2012
0

Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?

If I am a joint honor on a chase checking account (I didn't open the account, I was added to it), will I still be eligible for the 10 bonus points per use on my Chase Freedom?  

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?

probably work but why not just open your own? doesn't really hurt unless you can't keep a $1,500 minimum deposit in there.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
New Contributor
shinedown87
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎10-03-2012
0

Re: Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?


distantarray wrote:

probably work but why not just open your own? doesn't really hurt unless you can't keep a $1,500 minimum deposit in there.


I guess I could open my own account, but I primarily bank with USAA and am only wanting the Chase checking for the bonus points associated with using the Freedom.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?


shinedown87 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

probably work but why not just open your own? doesn't really hurt unless you can't keep a $1,500 minimum deposit in there.


I guess I could open my own account, but I primarily bank with USAA and am only wanting the Chase checking for the bonus points associated with using the Freedom.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  


That's good personally I don't think ANYONE should put all eggs in one basket. I learned my lesson with Bank of America when I had my debit card stolen when overdraft protection was brand new..... because of nice overdraft protection I became penniless for a week. and that happen to happen during my bill pay week =\ I got TONS of late charges I had trouble disputing.... but then I have 6 bank accounts now LOL too much, but always have atleast 2 for security.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
New Contributor
shinedown87
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎10-03-2012
0

Re: Chase "trifecta" as joint owner on checking account?


distantarray wrote:

shinedown87 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

probably work but why not just open your own? doesn't really hurt unless you can't keep a $1,500 minimum deposit in there.


I guess I could open my own account, but I primarily bank with USAA and am only wanting the Chase checking for the bonus points associated with using the Freedom.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  


That's good personally I don't think ANYONE should put all eggs in one basket. I learned my lesson with Bank of America when I had my debit card stolen when overdraft protection was brand new..... because of nice overdraft protection I became penniless for a week. and that happen to happen during my bill pay week =\ I got TONS of late charges I had trouble disputing.... but then I have 6 bank accounts now LOL too much, but always have atleast 2 for security.


That's a good way to look at it.  Now that I think about it, I might as well try to round up one of those coupons for a cash bonus upon opening a Chase checking account and go ahead and do it.  


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+