Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase raised rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase raised rate

Chase just rate jacked me to 13.24%. Zero balances on two cards with cl of 13k and 20k. FICO's 758 and 740. They can kiss my gubermint cheese!
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the revenue banks receive from credit cards is in the form of penalty fees (late, over the limit, etc). New law would limit the cash flow significantly, thus banks are proactive in raising their margins on unprofitable customers (PIFers). The drawback is that some of these customers will move or change their behavior (similar to Laffer curve effect).
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd think after reading these forums and seeing this so much, I'd have lost my capacity to be disgusted by such practices that lead me to think about words like "usury" which, I might add, if you check your thesaurus, are synonyms of the words "exploitation" and "stealing."  Maybe I just think too much. :smileywink:

I'm sorry this happened to you too. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not usury. It's aggressive risk management. Chase and Amex are more aggressive than others. Let me ask you a question this way, would you like banks to conduct business as if it was still 2006?
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, maks, I actually do agree with you, from the practical perspective; I do understand that these banks have to manage their risks in the best way they can... I really do get that it's just a business decision, not a personal judgment.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading these posts,I decided to check my online Chase statement. My APR is gonna go from 9.9% to 18%. I am never late,never overlimit ,always PIF. I don't understand. It's at 0 balance right now, cause the limit is only $500 and if it wasn't for the fact that I PIF I would close it. But,I'm sure they will come up with something just as sweet for us that do PIF.
Message 16 of 18
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@maks1806 wrote:
It's not usury. It's aggressive risk management. Chase and Amex are more aggressive than others. Let me ask you a question this way, would you like banks to conduct business as if it was still 2006?
I would rather banks not be able to change rates on existing purchases. They should only get the chance to underwrite before the purchase, not after.
Message 17 of 18
alsawye
Contributor

they jacked me up to 26.78% but i dont care because i PIF each month so they can jack me up as high as they want Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.