Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reallocating credit line question

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Chase reallocating credit line question

I have several chase cards. Never instant approval but after freedom, my first chase cc and verification, i just wait for the account to show up. I really want the amazon visa, i applied last week and got application needs further review message. The status line says 2 weeks, good sign and im hoping my cArd appears tomorrow am.

But if i am declined. Can i call chase ans ask to move my 5k non annual fee sapphire to amazon? The sapphire has not had any use in 2 months but it is 7 months old only.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase reallocating credit line question

Yes, you can do that and should be golden.

Message 2 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I moved 1k from amazon to freedom a few weeks ago. Got amazon in Jan, and freedom end of March.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

thanks for the replies! I feel i may have hit an internal limit with chase.

I have a CSP, so I wouldn't mind moving the entire limit over to amazon for a visa signature. 

Message 4 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If you are declined it is a bit more difficult to get CL's moved around to get the account open with Chase... Tried with the Marriott and they wouldn't do it for me (asked them to take 5k from my CSP), but hey I wish you luck.. I know they did it for HF as she closed her Saphirre and moved her limit to the Hyatt..  So YMMV type of thing if declined.  Maybe if I offered to close my whole CSP and move my whole limit to the Marriott they might of done it, but that wasn't going to happen with 80k UR points on it..

Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

If you are declined it is a bit more difficult to get CL's moved around to get the account open with Chase... Tried with the Marriott and they wouldn't do it for me, but hey I wish you luck.. I know they did it for HF as she closed her Saphirre and moved her limit to the Hyatt..  So YMMV type of thing if declined.

Correct.  If declined, it changes the approval landscape altogether.  Unless you are able to successfully reconsider the Amazon application, then yes you can reallocate CLs to open the Amazon Visa.  You may not get the best APR though (if originally declined).  Or, if you get approved with a low SL, you can reallocate the CLs as you wish.

Message 6 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

good to know. I should have called backdoor number to see application status Friday last week after I applied on Thursday.

I want to believe that I can call the csr number on the back of my chase ritz card and ask them about it lol. 

Message 7 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

If you are declined it is a bit more difficult to get CL's moved around to get the account open with Chase... Tried with the Marriott and they wouldn't do it for me, but hey I wish you luck.. I know they did it for HF as she closed her Saphirre and moved her limit to the Hyatt..  So YMMV type of thing if declined.

Correct.  If declined, it changes the approval landscape altogether.  Unless you are able to successfully reconsider the Amazon application, then yes you can reallocate CLs to open the Amazon Visa.  You may not get the best APR though (if originally declined).  Or, if you get approved with a low SL, you can reallocate the CLs as you wish.

i understand what you mean. thank you for clarifing. it in my head I had this impression of entitlement that one could just get declined for a chase card and have them move some credit from your exisiting card to open the new tradeline. lol 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm not postitive, but i believe your account needs to have matured to at least 1yr before you're able to reallocate credit limits

Message 9 of 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm not postitive, but i believe your account needs to have matured to at least 1yr before you're able to reallocate credit limits

Nope. You can reallocate limits with Chase at any time. 

You're thinking of Amex and their 13 month rule.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.