Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reallocation of CLs

tag
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Chase reallocation of CLs

Hello, I was wondering if Chase would allow you to reallocate some of your CL from one card to another?  In particular I was wondering if I could take part of my CL from my Visa Signature Card and apply it to my Chase Freedom card.  Any thoughts? 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase reallocation of CLs

They've asked me if I wanted to do it before, but I declined. I didn't want to take away from my highest CL.

This was about a year ago, before the credit crunch hit real hard, so I'm not sure if they still will. You could try calling and asking to speak to a credit analyst. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 8
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Thanks Fretless!  My biggest concern is that I knew when I applied for the Signature card my CL would not report.  Nonetheless, I still like the card.  However, my favorite card right now is my Chase Freedom and I almost spend exclusively on this card.  I hate having to make several payments a month on the card.  So, I was wondering in order to avoid a hard inquiry if I can just took some of my CL from the Signature and put on the Freedom.  That way I kill two birds with one stone.  I get a CLI without a hard pull.  It doesn't effect my highest CL since that doesn't report anyway. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me they no longer do this.
Message 4 of 8
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

I moved 5K from my converted WAMU Providian CC to 2 different Chase cards back in Apr.  Didnt have a problem at all.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did it last night. I upgraded to a Sapphire card. The woman I spoke to ask if I wanted to combine my two chase cc accts into just the one sapphire. i said sure! id rather only have one chase cc anyhow.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What number did you call?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the number that was on the Chase Sapphire website under the little upgrade button.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.