Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reallocation of CLs

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Chase reallocation of CLs

Searched but could not find on Chase reallocation of credit lines.  Thought I had read before about it...

Can it be done? If so, just calling into a CSR? Any restrictions I should know about?

I have the following:

Chase Ritz $31K CL ($2500 balance)

Chase United $27K CL ($1600 balance)

Chase Freedom Unlimited $8.5K CL ($1200 balance)

Want to close the Freedom and split the CL between the Ritz and United.  The Freedom is over a year old (upgraded to ulimited earlier thisyear).  The Ritz and United are 6 months old.  Assumption is the Freedom would need to be at a $0 balance to move CLs around.

Input? TIA!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase reallocation of CLs

FU at zero balance and no activity on the account for 30 days.  Otherwise you can send all but $500.  sometimes people have issues sending all but $500 even after waiting 30 days.  YMMV.

Message 2 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Don't quote on this but i did read just recently where (i think) if you call Lending Dept? that they can move a WHOLE line when doing a transfer of lines from one card to another provided as indicated in the reply above the no activity for over 30 days deal.

A normal CSR can make quick work of doing the same thing (as they did for me) but they also require leaving that $500 too.

Hope that helps and you get it spread around where you prefer it the best. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yes, any CSR can do the reallocations and close the card.  Did another reallocation yesterday to pump up my Slate from Freedom and CSP.  Also confirmed with CSR that there is no time that must pass before doing another reallocation.  Just a note of caution that if you speak with an analyst they may do a HP, so decide if the CSR can't move that last $500 for you if a HP is worth it - may just do better to take the HP for a much larger CLI.

Message 4 of 6
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yes, any CSR can do the reallocations and close the card.  Did another reallocation yesterday to pump up my Slate from Freedom and CSP.  Also confirmed with CSR that there is no time that must pass before doing another reallocation.  Just a note of caution that if you speak with an analyst they may do a HP, so decide if the CSR can't move that last $500 for you if a HP is worth it - may just do better to take the HP for a much larger CLI.

An HP to do a reallocation?? I had heard that once or twice, but wasn't sure. Suxs, wonder why.

I guess I don't really care about the last $500.00 and can drop it. I can split the $8K evenly among the two cards and be done with it. $500 is not worth an HP to me.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

About a month ago I had my entire balance of my Chase Amazon moved to my FU. Amazon had been paid to zero balance the week before. Using SM I had the entire balance moved and the card closed with no issues

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.