Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Chase reallocation of CLs

Hello, I was wondering if Chase would allow you to reallocate some of your CL from one card to another?  In particular I was wondering if I could take part of my CL from my Visa Signature Card and apply it to my Chase Freedom card.  Any thoughts? 
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Chase reallocation of CLs

They've asked me if I wanted to do it before, but I declined. I didn't want to take away from my highest CL.

This was about a year ago, before the credit crunch hit real hard, so I'm not sure if they still will. You could try calling and asking to speak to a credit analyst. 

Here we go again...
Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Thanks Fretless!  My biggest concern is that I knew when I applied for the Signature card my CL would not report.  Nonetheless, I still like the card.  However, my favorite card right now is my Chase Freedom and I almost spend exclusively on this card.  I hate having to make several payments a month on the card.  So, I was wondering in order to avoid a hard inquiry if I can just took some of my CL from the Signature and put on the Freedom.  That way I kill two birds with one stone.  I get a CLI without a hard pull.  It doesn't effect my highest CL since that doesn't report anyway. 

Frequent Contributor
credit4me

They told me they no longer do this.

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 724
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
rubaty

I moved 5K from my converted WAMU Providian CC to 2 different Chase cards back in Apr.  Didnt have a problem at all.

Current Score: EX 718 EQ 689 TU 757 23 Jun 13
Goal Score: 760 across the board by Jul 14

Missallison

I just did it last night. I upgraded to a Sapphire card. The woman I spoke to ask if I wanted to combine my two chase cc accts into just the one sapphire. i said sure! id rather only have one chase cc anyhow.
Frequent Contributor
credit4me

What number did you call?

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 724
Goal Score: 850

Missallison

I called the number that was on the Chase Sapphire website under the little upgrade button.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+