Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon... APPROVED!!!

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Chase recon... APPROVED!!!

When you call for a recon with Chase, what kind of things did they ask? Is it like recon w/Barclays?

The automated msg still says they'll send their answer within 2 weeks, which really does sound like a denial. I've never been denied a CC and had a message say, "you're denied." They always say, we're sending you the answer in the mail. I am having deep regret for my late-night app.

For people who've been able to turn a denial into an approval, what did it take? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase recon ?

@bichonmom wrote:

When you call for a recon with Chase, what kind of things did they ask? Is it like recon w/Barclays?

The automated msg still says they'll send their answer within 2 weeks, which really does sound like a denial. I've never been denied a CC and had a message say, "you're denied." They always say, we're sending you the answer in the mail. I am having deep regret for my late-night app.

For people who've been able to turn a denial into an approval, what did it take? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

They're going to ask yo uabout whatever issues they have with your CR, be prepared to answer for any derogs or negative info. on your report. Chase likes to see good history and if you have a thin file its hard to recon. Are you calling to speak to an analyst today?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

There are no negs. Just what is still a thin file. I've read about someone being denied (even on recon) because of 2 inq.! It seems like they just make their decision and stick with it.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Do most people recon right away, or wait until they get the letter w/reasons for denial?

Message 4 of 53
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Do most people recon right away, or wait until they get the letter w/reasons for denial?

I waited until I got the letter...I was denied for inq's...they asked, I explained....

...and they still denied me for too many inq's...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

I waited until I got the letter...I was denied for inq's...they asked, I explained....

I should have read more Chase posts before I apped. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 53
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

I should have read more Chase posts before I apped. Smiley Sad

OK, but I had 493 of them... (or something to that affect...)

Do you KNOW that you were denied because of inq's?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Chase, they like to see two (2) full years of credit history with all your other creditors before they will let you get your foot in the door.  At least, that is what the clerk at our local Chase bank told us.  Of course, I have read of lots of people here who said they were able to get in with a short credit history but, they also got $500 toy credit limits.

Message 8 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With Chase, they like to see two (2) full years of credit history with all your other creditors before they will let you get your foot in the door.  At least, that is what the clerk at our local Chase bank told us.  Of course, I have read of lots of people here who said they were able to get in with a short credit history but, they also got $500 toy credit limits.

Well, I have 2 yrs+, but not with any one TL. I had secured loans for 1 year, then PIF and closed (before I knew better). My oldest CC is 1 yr old. My Amex are backdated, but they don't show years of history. I think all that does is increase your AAoA, which raises your FICO. But it doesn't give the years of history. So, that may be the reason. I guess I should have done more research. I was so frustrated w/Navy, that I impuslively apped when I saw that great Chase offer. Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 53
FrugalRican
Blogger

Congrats, right? lol The title says one thing, the entire thread says something else.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.