Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon... APPROVED!!!

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase recon... APPROVED!!!

I finally decided to just call the backdoor sticky. (Thank goodness for this forum, or else I'd never know about these things!) I spoke w/a nice woman who said that my app was pending. She put me on hold to review it, and came back a few minutes later and I fully expected her to say, "at this time we can't approve you." But she said, I was approved for $3k! Thank goodness! I am SO relieved that I didn't waste an inq. And at least now I'm out of the $2k CLs. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 53
Eschaton
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase recon ?

Nevermind my post, congrats on your card!

Capital One Journey (12/2010) $750 | Chase Freedom (03/2012) $3500 | American Express Zync (03/2012) NSPL | Amazon Prime (08/2018) $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred (10/2018) $8000 | Bank of America Cash Reward 10/2018 $8000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 06/2019 $2700

Experian score: 793 (9/2018)
Message 12 of 53
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

OK, but I had 493 of them... (or something to that affect...)

Do you KNOW that you were denied because of inq's?

Hold on...did you say you had 493 inquiries???  Or did I mis-read something?

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 53
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I finally decided to just call the backdoor sticky. (Thank goodness for this forum, or else I'd never know about these things!) I spoke w/a nice woman who said that my app was pending. She put me on hold to review it, and came back a few minutes later and I fully expected her to say, "at this time we can't approve you." But she said, I was approved for $3k! Thank goodness! I am SO relieved that I didn't waste an inq. And at least now I'm out of the $2k CLs. Smiley Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Message 14 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

I'm thinking he's being hyperbolic, but then you never know here, huh? Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks! It was a nail-biter, that's for sure. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 53
FrugalRican
Blogger

So I guess you're getting a nice, free $350, right?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 17 of 53
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks! It was a nail-biter, that's for sure. Smiley Happy

I'm sure it was.  We were cheering for you though!

Message 18 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

So I guess you're getting a nice, free $350, right?

I hope so. Actually, I'm not sure because when I re-read the terms, it said it's only for new cardmembers, and I did have an acct back in the 80s. So, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I did jump on it because of the great offer. But even if I don't get the $350, I'm still really happy to have the card again. I didn't think I could ever get a Chase card again.

Message 19 of 53
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@MsLadyRover wrote:

I'm thinking he's being hyperbolic, but then you never know here, huh? Smiley Happy

I was certainly exaggerating...but I've got lots of inquiries...

Congrats on the approval!!!!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.