Did you mean: 

Chase recon datapoint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase recon datapoint

@Anonymous wrote:

Just ran across this as I was searching for Chase Saphire Recon ideas-

This thread indicates that these companies track when you call- I would like to shed some light on what was going on, at least in 1998-

In 1998 I helped install the technology side of things for MBNA in both Belfast Maine (corporate headquarters) and Orono Maine which at that time was their largest 24 hour call center.

The latest tech of the day then... was a full Avaya\SWBell phone system that provided these things (though probably much more that I was not made aware of):

1) Full caller ID even if you have it blocked. All numbers that you ever call them from are then associated with our account-

2) Complete voice recording and then transcription of everything said even while you are on hold.

3) Before the CSR answers the phone your account, everything you have ever said, your internal score that includes fico, as well as external information is on screen.

4) List of 3 probable scenarios as to why you are calling, and step by step workflows for the CSR to steer the call based on those scenarios.

From my understanding the steps forward in these technologies at that time by MBNA as well as the resulting oveall quality of the portfolio of cardmembers was the largest driving reason for Bank of America to pay huge money for them.

Also that was 18 years ago...  I wonder what they are doing now.

here's my reaction ~~~

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The aspect of recording you while you are on hold is awesome I remember local radio station used to play people who are singing along while they are on hold.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCCs have been doing this for years so be mindful of what you say while you "think" you're on hold. It protects us too. There are some CSRs that won't log a call if they think a customer may call back and complain about them.

In the past, I caught several people calling in on a spouse's account and refused to give them information because of what they said while they "thought" they were on hold.
Message 13 of 14
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I don't have time to live my life, I just want to know how it ends!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.