Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon success Barclay fail

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Chase recon success Barclay fail

Apped for the Marriott from Chase yesterday, got the 30 day message or whatever - I called the backdoor number immediately after, they said it was still in pending so I asked for a manual review over the phone - few questions and approved (albeit a low limit 5k).  Apped for another Barclay (already have the Apple card for 12 mths) immediately deniedSmiley Mad called backdoor no go too many new accounts and  inqs (go figure). I think I will give up getting any new cards from Barclays they are a waste of space.

Question: How long after recon will I see my new beauty show up on the online account? app line still says application pending?  After reading some success stories at recons then only later to be still denied makes me nervous Smiley Sad  The rep never mentioend about submitting it for review to an ysupervisor etc she jsut said I was approved and i'd get my card in a few days.

Stats:

Utl 3%

FICO: around a month ago Eq was around 740 and EX 760  TU 765  (Chase pulled both Eq and Ex)

Inqs: way too many!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase recon success Barclay fail

I think it had to be the inquiries more than anything else because Barclays approved me Friday with the following new accounts:

Auto Lease 11/12
Chase Freedom 1/13
BB store card 2/13
Mortgage 3/13
Barclays 4/13
Discover It 4/13

So it had to be the inquiries because your score is way better than mines unless some Barclays cards are harder than obtain than others??? I applied for the Rewards version. I had 5-6 INQs when I applied.

Congrats on the $5K limit. It is tiny to you but big to me. I still have YET to have a card with $3K on it. So Congrats!!! You should be very happy! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 6
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Thanks MovingForwardSmiley Wink... Yeah I knew at time of the app my inq and new accounts would give me a denial and any recn would be far off. I have around 9 new accounts in the last 6 months and even more in the last 12 months. I was gardening, but after two months I couldn't weed any longer Smiley Sad  all my apps got declined I made several! just hope the Chase one actually went through so I can have at least one positive outcome.  Rule of thumb is to garden and this little app spree was a reminder of that.

Edit: also to add, the Barclays rep wasn't the most friendliest and didnt question me or go ove my report she just put me on hold and came back saying she couldnt do anything until my new accounts aged..   I think any success at recon bears alot on what rep you get, along with everything else Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

Thanks MovingForwardSmiley Wink... Yeah I knew at time of the app my inq and new accounts would give me a denial and any recn would be far off. I have around 9 new accounts in the last 6 months and even more in the last 12 months. I was gardening, but after two months I couldn't weed any longer Smiley Sad  all my apps got declined I made several! just hope the Chase one actually went through so I can have at least one positive outcome.  Rule of thumb is to garden and this little app spree was a reminder of that.

Edit: also to add, the Barclays rep wasn't the most friendliest and didnt question me or go ove my report she just put me on hold and came back saying she couldnt do anything until my new accounts aged..   I think any success at recon bears alot on what rep you get, along with everything else Smiley Wink

reading this thread and your thread about the best buy credit card, I can see why they did decline you, I've read they don't like a lot of new accounts, I bet if you actually gardened for a year or 2 you could get almost any card you want

no more apps for a while!

ps hopefully best buy approves you! now that youve already taken the hp for it

fico 747
Message 4 of 6
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

also you could try calling in again, I was orginally declined for the Chase United Card and ended up calling the backdoor number like 4 times and finally got an approval, it is a different bank but shows calling back and talking to a different person can help

fico 747
Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

For some reason it took mine 3 days to show up own my online account. Others have said same day.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.