Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon successful and educational

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Chase recon successful and educational

After being denied a CLI via the "secure message" feature on the website, I contacted the backdoor number for Chase Credit Analyst that I found on this board.

After two or three minutes of silent hold, a very polite and helpful rep came on.  I explained that I had been denied for a CLI and wanted to request reconsideration.  He put me on hold while he reviewed my file, then came back and went over it with me.  He pointed out two accounts that I had lates on from 2007, a student loan and a car loan, and said that was why the system had denied me.  I explained to him that the student loan was in forbearance, and that I had gone all the way to the ombudsman to have it corrected, with no success, and mentioned the difficulty of large bureaucracies.  I told him that the lates on the car loan were legitimate, and that it was due to a change in employment.  I also pointed out that I had since paid off both loans in full and had a great history with Chase.  He agreed, and pointed out that although I used the card a lot, I always pay in full each month.  He appeared to see both of those as positive traits.

He said that he would process the reconsideration for me, and asked me a several questions including length of employment, why I wanted an increase, etc.  He also asked me what limit I wanted.  I told him I'd like to be in the 15k to 20k range.  I explained that I used the card for reimbursable business expenses but sometimes got too close to the limit for my own comfort and ended up using another card.  I also explained that I tried to keep my utilization low in order to make sure my credit report was not adversely affected.

After a brief hold, he returned and offered me an increase to 10k, which I accepted.

The key take-away from this:  The last small paid collection from Verizon is not hurting me.  The lates, even though they are old, are still flagging me for an automatic no in the Chase computer.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase recon successful and educational

Congrats on the increase gr8 work on your part.

Message 2 of 9
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Nice and Gratz. I had the same run around with Capital One so I now what it's like. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats! What was your previous cl on the card?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
Congrats! What was your previous cl on the card?

Thanks for the congrats, all.   The previous CL was 5k, raised from 3k a year ago.  

The next one in line is USAA - it's been almost a year since they took me from 3k to 6k, but I know I have to give up a hard EQ.   Decisions, decisions.  

Message 6 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

Nice and Gratz. I had the same run around with Capital One so I now what it's like. Smiley Happy

Joe - I have been unsuccessful with capital one.  Did you use a backdoor #?  How did you finally get them to go for it?

Message 7 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

Nice siggy line -  Please prepare for blatant rip-off.

:-D

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.