Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon?

tag
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Chase recon?

Okay so I really want the Chase Freedom but my utl is around 50% due to being on my DW Chase Freedom Card. EDIT: I am an AU on my DW card.

I have my business banking with them for one year now. If I app and get denied can I call and recon right away or should I wait tomorrow? Will my business banking with them help? There has been a 20K - 40K deposit in total each month since account was opened? Will this help with my recon? Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase recon?

BUMP! Anyone?

Message 2 of 9
alboto
Regular Contributor

Having a relationship with them will definitely help, I was approved two months ago with a 78% util. And the only reason I was approved was because I had checking/savings with them. During the application they will ask you if you have an account with them.
Message 3 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

What is your overall uti, is this your only card? recons can be requested immediately. 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

You may be in luck since Chase generally does not include AU accounts in their analysis.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 9
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

What is your overall uti, is this your only card? recons can be requested immediately. 

My overallutl. is around  50%. Which is mainly my DW Freedom card. I have AMEX, CapOne, Discover, Wally Discover, Citi all in good standing. Should I app and then recon right away if denied? Thanks again.

Message 6 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

@kwazziee wrote:

@migliogiorni wrote:

My overallutl. is around  50%. Which is mainly my DW Freedom card. I have AMEX, CapOne, Discover, Wally Discover, Citi all in good standing. Should I app and then recon right away if denied? Thanks again.

No, you should re-read my post and realize your DW's utilization has no impact on your own approval/denial.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 7 of 9
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@kwazziee wrote:

@migliogiorni wrote:

No, you should re-read my post and realize your DW's utilization has no impact on your own approval/denial.

Didn't see that. Thank you for the response. I think I will pull the trigger today. Thanks again.

Message 8 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

You're welcome. Good luck & please report back. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.