cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reduced credit line for non use - adverse affect on credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase reduced credit line for non use - adverse affect on credit?

Does anyone have any back door phone numbers to the credit review department for Chase?

I had a card with 8k limit, I am in the middle of rebuilding my credit and hit a high of 758 when they reduced me to $500 for inactivity. I called to complain and was read a script and then they wanted permission to re-pull my credit and give me an increase.  I requested the reviewing department call me and instead got a scripted leter.

When I pulled my TU today it is down to 687.

Any advice?

Still STEAMING.....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase reduced credit line for non use - adverse affect on credit?

Start using the card with the limit you have.    Then ask for CLI later.   

IMO, Rebuilding means using every card , every month and more than a little

Message 2 of 5
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I'm surprised that Chase only reduced your CL. Most lenders will completely close the account for inactivity and make you do a fresh app to get the CC again. I highly doubt Chase will increase your CL at your request without a hard pull on your CR. Even then you may only get a $500 increase. Start using the card. If they see activity they may very well increase it (maybe not to $8k right away), but at least it will be a soft pull.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any back door phone numbers to the credit review department for Chase?

File a Better Business Bureau report.  They'll contact you.

Message 4 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.