Chase reduced wrong credit line

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Chase AA

@bourgogne wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

very sorry about this, YIM warned me about this a few weeks ago before I moved limits around.  I got a csp and ink in 3 days, got the bonus for both on the 4th day and moved $ 20K out the day my pts posted a few days later.  the next week I downgraded the csp to the cs and the csr has to borrow $4K to make the downgrade from another card before he could do the downgrade.  happened like clockwork, csr could not have been more helpful and nice.  I am even getting the ink cash in a few weeks as its up to 50K and there is no hp or at least one that can be seen.  so far I am loving chase. 

have you done a cct and looked over everything?  I would be drilling into full reports to see the sp patterns, something spooked them and i dont think it was with chase.  just a gut feeling.  you are going to need to find out what happend or it will bug you. congrats on your nice scores btw, that is really great

I'm going to pull my report to make sure nothing falsely reported there. I really think they did this because I do not use that freedom card heavily (therefore they figure well he doesn't need all that credit- then again they didn't touch the 12k on the CS and I never spend more than several hundred dollars on that)., but I have been throwing $120 charges on it for the past two months or so. It does see activity but the CSR now is getting almost all my spend so I can meet the initial spend requirement.  

just do a cct, that will give you a nice snapshot for a buck.  something is not right, this does not just happen out of the blue, or at least that is my hope. 

What is CCT and which bureau does chase normally pull?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 41 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

I think going forward people should avoid moving limits with Chase if they have ANY inquiries in the last 12mo.

Bad advice IMO.

Message 42 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

very sorry about this, YIM warned me about this a few weeks ago before I moved limits around.  I got a csp and ink in 3 days, got the bonus for both on the 4th day and moved $ 20K out the day my pts posted a few days later.  the next week I downgraded the csp to the cs and the csr has to borrow $4K to make the downgrade from another card before he could do the downgrade.  happened like clockwork, csr could not have been more helpful and nice.  I am even getting the ink cash in a few weeks as its up to 50K and there is no hp or at least one that can be seen.  so far I am loving chase. 

have you done a cct and looked over everything?  I would be drilling into full reports to see the sp patterns, something spooked them and i dont think it was with chase.  just a gut feeling.  you are going to need to find out what happend or it will bug you. congrats on your nice scores btw, that is really great

I'm going to pull my report to make sure nothing falsely reported there. I really think they did this because I do not use that freedom card heavily (therefore they figure well he doesn't need all that credit- then again they didn't touch the 12k on the CS and I never spend more than several hundred dollars on that)., but I have been throwing $120 charges on it for the past two months or so. It does see activity but the CSR now is getting almost all my spend so I can meet the initial spend requirement.  

just do a cct, that will give you a nice snapshot for a buck.  something is not right, this does not just happen out of the blue, or at least that is my hope. 

Usually EX. You can request a free credit report from Experian if you have been denied credit or had any adverse action. The report will show soft inquiries. So you can see how many times they have looked at your report.

Cct= Creditchecktotal.

Message 43 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Usually EX. You can request a free credit report from Experian if you have been denied credit or had any adverse action. The report will show soft inquiries. So you can see how many times they have looked at your report.

Cct= Creditchecktotal.

You can get your free report online at their site.

Message 44 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

Also, since I am meeting spend on my CSR I had like an 1.8k balance post on my card and it isn't due for like a month. I don't feel like shelling out all the money right now, but I was thinking about making a partial payment of a few hundred before I call. Does that make it worse like making it look like that I intend to carry the balance vs just waiting until I may a PIF in a few weeks? 

;
Message 45 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

Ran my experian report. I had one additional inq than I thought for an amex business card from five months ago. I do not see any recent SPs by chase after the HP for the CSR on 2/1. I have zero negatives. Nothing looks out of order with the report at all.  

;
Message 46 of 76
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

AA never happens out of the blue. We may not always fully understand the reason, but it's not just random. Although it's not the OP's intent, sometimes AA threads can make us more paranoid than we need to be.

OP wasn't using the card much, which is probably part of the issue here, but OP should just call and get the answer from the horse's mouth.

Message 47 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

AA never happens out of the blue. We may not always fully understand the reason, but it's not just random. Although it's not the OP's intent, sometimes AA threads can make us more paranoid than we need to be.

OP wasn't using the card much, which is probably part of the issue here, but OP should just call and get the answer from the horse's mouth.

Never had to make a call like this before. Will they actually tell me the reason?

;
Message 48 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Never had to make a call like this before. Will they actually tell me the reason?

They will tell you something. Who knows maybe you can get it reinstated.

Message 49 of 76
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

They'll certainly tell you more than we can tell you. We are just speculating.

Message 50 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.