Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reduced wrong credit line

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Chase AA

So I spoke to lending. She indicated it was the consolidations department that did this. Apparently what happened is the brilliant rep I dealt with when closing my hyatt card instead of moving credit from my hyatt card over to my CSR and closing the hyatt card ended up pulling credit from my freedom card and moving it to my CSR and closing my Hyatt card. I need to wait until Monday to call them since lending says they can not do anything about it. Since my Hyatt card is now closed out I am a bit skeptical I will be able to get that credit back unless I want to pull it off my CSR and move it back to my freedom. Then again this might be the best thing to do since I wanted to apply for a hyatt card in a a few months. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 51 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

So I spoke to lending. She indicated it was the consolidations department that did this. Apparently what happened is the brilliant rep I dealt with when closing my hyatt card instead of moving credit from my hyatt card over to my CSR and closing the hyatt card ended up pulling credit from my freedom card and moving it to my CSR and closing my Hyatt card. I need to wait until Monday to call them since lending says they can not do anything about it. Since my Hyatt card is now closed out I am a bit skeptical I will be able to get that credit back unless I want to pull it off my CSR and move it back to my freedom. Then again this might be the best thing to do since I wanted to apply for a hyatt card in a a few months. 

See that, a simple explanation.

No more paranoia everyone. No AA at all. 

Message 52 of 76
bz386
Frequent Contributor

That makes total sense now.

I have moved credit around with Chase many times. I always do it over SM and I always give them the last 4 digits of the card to move from and move to. I never call the cards by their names. This avoids any possible confusion plus it gives me an electronic trail if something unexpected happens.
Message 53 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

So who is going to douse all these barns that were set ablaze  ? I have alread put mine out, it was quite small. Smiley Surprised

Message 54 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

@bz386 wrote:
That makes total sense now.

I have moved credit around with Chase many times. I always do it over SM and I always give them the last 4 digits of the card to move from and move to. I never call the cards by their names. This avoids any possible confusion plus it gives me an electronic trail if something unexpected happens.

There was nothing to be confused about in my case. This was done on the phone. I was speaking to them about one card my hyatt which I was closing. She offered to move some credit over to my CSR from the hyatt before closing and it appears she ended up pulling credit from a totally different card on the account which we never discussed. I identified the card by the last four digits so I don't know how she managed to muck this up soo much. 

;
Message 55 of 76
redpat
Senior Contributor

There you have it.  Never take any suggestions from a CSR because half of them don't know what they are doing.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 56 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

There you have it.  Never take any suggestions from a CSR because half of them don't know what they are doing.

Yea I am kinda inclined to agree with you. This was just kinda absurd they did this. 

;
Message 57 of 76
NRB525
Super Contributor

Thanks for updating OP.

In my experience, calling in to ask for help from a CSR is best kept to a single task.

Call #1: I would like to move limit from my Hyatt card to the card X. Thank you. No, nothing else, that takes care of it for today.

a week later

Call #2: I would like to close my Hyatt card. Thank you. No, nothing else, that takes care of it for today.

It is really not the CSR fault. We as individuals know in our mind what we want. Our communication over a phone line to someone working on a short clock (gotta close this call quickly to keep my call time short) is not likely to really listen to everything we say to them. Thus, spoon feeding one task per call is a method to happiness.

Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 58 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP that rocks!  I knew it could not have been true AA with your stats.

Like I've said a zillllllion times, sadly many CSR's are dumb as a bag of rocks. I have had horrible experiences myself, and we have to remember that you are usually talking to someone making $8-10 per hour, who hates their job and does not give a rat's rump about your credit. NOW - when you reach a supervisor or a true "higher up", these people are getting paid the big bucks and usually, they know EXACTLY how to help you.  

Case in point: I opened a WF checking locally for the $250 opening bonus, met the requirements, and was then told by multiple reps at branch, CSR's via phone and supervisors that I opened it ONE DAY before the promo began and would not be getting the $250. Emailed the CEO, got a call within 12 hours from Executive Resolutions -- got not only the $250, but an additional $50 courtesy credit as an apology. $300 Boom. For free.  The problem is that most of America is either too lazy, or too busy to fight for what they, as consumers, are owed. We are scammed, robbed and misled EVERY DAY by big banks, CC companies, etc - so always fight for what is yours.

OP, get that CL back and do NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. PERIOD. Escalate, escalate, ESCALATE. 

Best of luck!

Message 59 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks for updating OP.

In my experience, calling in to ask for help from a CSR is best kept to a single task.

Call #1: I would like to move limit from my Hyatt card to the card X. Thank you. No, nothing else, that takes care of it for today.

a week later

Call #2: I would like to close my Hyatt card. Thank you. No, nothing else, that takes care of it for today.

It is really not the CSR fault. We as individuals know in our mind what we want. Our communication over a phone line to someone working on a short clock (gotta close this call quickly to keep my call time short) is not likely to really listen to everything we say to them. Thus, spoon feeding one task per call is a method to happiness.

Smiley Happy

I beg to disagree (at least one the point I bolded I don't really disagree with you about everything else Smiley Happy). It is the CSR's fault. Again this was something mentioned by them and I just consented. It was crystal clear that the money was to be taken off the hyatt card. This was not a situation where I called in and made a request and they got confused. They clearly asked me if I wanted to move any of the credit line over before closing the card. 

;
Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.