Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase relationship

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Chase relationship

I'm just wondering, I've had a banking relationship with Wells Fargo since 1997 (parents opened it at 3) and I'm sure that's what helped me get approved for my (WF Student card $2250) the day I turned 18,
I'm wondering if establishing a chase checking with roughly (16,000) would help me get approved eventually when my scores at 690-700 for a SP?? Has anyone seen that type of help with Chase? I know WF is a relationship bank but does anyone know anything about this? 😳
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase relationship

@Creditplz wrote:
I'm just wondering, I've had a banking relationship with Wells Fargo since 1997 (parents opened it at 3) and I'm sure that's what helped me get approved for my (WF Student card $2250) the day I turned 18,
I'm wondering if establishing a chase checking with roughly (16,000) would help me get approved eventually when my scores at 690-700 for a SP?? Has anyone seen that type of help with Chase? I know WF is a relationship bank but does anyone know anything about this? 😳

Yes, Chase is known to pop credit card offers for banking customers... but you might qualify now... just check the pre-qual offers on chase.com

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a $500 coupon from Chase if you open an account. I can't use it
Message 3 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I just got that too! That's why I'm interested, I thought because of the Card act anyone under 21 can't pre-qualify?? I've tried Pre-Qualify on BofA and nothing showed up but I applied and instant approval?

Anyways I'll deposit 15,000 in Chase try and use the $300 coupon! Pray eventually I can get a SP or even an Ink Business
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
I just got that too! That's why I'm interested, I thought because of the Card act anyone under 21 can't pre-qualify?? I've tried Pre-Qualify on BofA and nothing showed up but I applied and instant approval?

Anyways I'll deposit 15,000 in Chase try and use the $300 coupon! Pray eventually I can get a SP or even an Ink Business

oh sorry, missed the under 21 fact.

I would probably just cold apply!! They have really loosened up and a single HP is not a big deal.

Now Ink, I would wait... they are much stricter

Message 5 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Okay thanks !! I'll pay everything off this month and apply next month
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has a "special consideration" policy that is not very well known. If you have at least $10,000 with Chase, a banker (you have to talk with a banker in branch, not a teller) can push an approval for you. As you are planning to put $16,000 there, I think you can probably convince a banker to do that for you, just ask Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

To bad business didn't play by such rules!
Message 8 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Wow I didn't know that!! thanks so much!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.