cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reporting balance update to CRAs - ?????

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Chase reporting balance update to CRAs - ?????

I have a Chase Slate card that I got with a sweet 0% balance transfer offer (as in, no transfer fee plus no interest for 15 months on said balance transfer). I just paid it off on the 15th of this month, and the due date for the month was on the 17th. Then I started watching for a ScoreWatch update. I'm expecting at LEAST a balance change notification, and hopefully also a score increase because of how much the balance went down (almost 10% of my overall CL). Nothing yet. I emailed Chase to ask when my statement would post and also when the balance would be updated with the CRAs. The response was that 1) because it's a 0 balance and no activity, no statement would be generated (**bleep**? doesn't making payments count as activity?) and 2) they always report to the CRAs and it's up to the CRAs if they're going to update. I don't feel like blowing a pull on this.

Is it possible that it might not update until the statement for my other Chase card posts? Does anyone have experience in this particular situation with them?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase reporting balance update to CRAs - ?????

Eh... They should report a week or so after the statement cut date...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 3
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase reporting balance update to CRAs - ?????

Don't sweat it, your 0 balance will report. My chase cards take a few days after statement cuts to report to EQ and EX, TU is always slower for me and takes almost two weeks.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.