Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reporting twice a month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase reporting twice a month

Anyone else notice chase reporting information to the euros more than once per month? I noticed like most others they report right as the statement is cut. I generally have a zero balance at that point. But then I noticed they seem to report again sometime in the middle of the cycle. It's kind of a nuisance if you're getting ready to app and want to maximize your score. I'm not opening any lines right now but when I do I will probably just not even use that card.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase reporting twice a month

@Anonymous wrote:
AI noticed like most others they report right as the statement is cut.

Chase doesn't report right as the statement is cut.  They report on statement date.  When the CRA's update, however, is an entirely separate matter.  It generally takes CRA's several business days to update and each CRA can vary in the amount of time taken to update.

@Anonymous wrote:
But then I noticed they seem to report again sometime in the middle of the cycle.

Chase is known to update midcycle for 0 balances.  Was this the case for you or did you have a balance during the midcycle update?

@Anonymous wrote:
It's kind of a nuisance if you're getting ready to app and want to maximize your score.

If it's a recurring issue for you then time your apps with the known update on statement date and confirm that the balance has reported.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that you mentioned it I think I've noticed this a couple times when I didn't quite get my balance to zero. For instance this last month I had a pending charge that went through after my payment before they reported
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes it was then reported after I had a zero balance. I can't remember if they ever reported one midcycle with the balance.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.