Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase reporting?

I assume Chase reports to all three bureaus.

That said, when do they report? My Disco only reports when the statement cuts. Does that hold true for Chase? I want to make sure my util reports low, especially the first three months, seeing as I need to spend $500 over the three months and only have a $500 SL.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase reporting?

Mine reported to all three between 5-7 days after my statement cut. Not sure if that holds true for everyone, but don't see why it wouldn't? 

Message 2 of 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

One interesting thing with Chase - 

They will also force an udpdate automatically when you pay your balance down to zero at any time - for example, you had a statement balance, and you made a payment, but you did not PIF. If you PIF at any point (after the due date) it will automatically update. 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm officially hijacking at this point, but THANK YOU for that information! That's certainly a strange quirk! Wish everyone did that.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

They will also force an udpdate automatically when you pay your balance down to zero at any time - for example, you had a statement balance, and you made a payment, but you did not PIF. If you PIF at any point (after the due date) it will automatically update. 

That's very good to know... Other than that they don't report mid-statement though?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had Chase report with the same pattern I've noticed for Cap1. My statements cut 3 days after my due date, and then the statement amount is reported 3 days after it is cut. I have noticed it being 2 days later a couple of times, but for the most part the 3 days holds true.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My chase card recently closed with a hefty balance (23% util) due to a charge I made for a client. So the statement cut with the balance, as soon as I received the invoice payment from client, I of course paid the chase card. I noticed that they did a mid-cycle report and reported the zero balance. I called and was told that they do that - pretty cool. I was also told that, at thier discretion, they will also mid-cycle report high utilization as well. She didnt give me any thresholds, however.  

I wish Amex did that, my BCP just closed yesterday/last night with a balance (it closed earlier than I thought) , while not detrimental, would be nice when the payment posts tomorrow, they'd re-report it. 

Message 7 of 10
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I've never had them mid-cycle report for high utilization and I've had mine up to 99%.  But they have reliably reported every time I pay it down to zero.  Now for some reason they don't like to make my credit available for a week after I've paid, but that's a separate issue.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, all! I've noticed that (on TU, anyway) they still have yet to report for the first time. Looks like they're waiting for the first statement.

Message 9 of 10
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

That's good info to know. I made my first payment three weeks before the 2/17 due date even though it wasn't a PIF payment. Plan on making another payment on 2/15, since I noticed that the payment will be pending for almost 24 hours.  

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.