Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reviewing Experian often!

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Chase reviewing Experian often!

CHASE CARD SERVICES is checking my Experian fairly often, about twice per month. Should I be worried? All soft but pretty consistent. Never had this before so wasn't sure if I should anticipate AA :/

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase reviewing Experian often!

@mxp114 wrote:

CHASE CARD SERVICES is checking my Experian fairly often, about twice per month. Should I be worried? All soft but pretty consistent. Never had this before so wasn't sure if I should anticipate AA :/

Do you have higher balances on your other cards??? Any new baddies (prolly not), Look at it in a good way they may be SP'ing for a CLI!!Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

My score is 778 and one card accidentally reported a balance of $20 and then it dropped to 773. All balances same, and no baddies. They doing this ever since I ran up $7000 in November but PIF.

Message 3 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

My score is 778 and one card accidentally reported a balance of $20 and then it dropped to 773. All balances same, and no baddies. They doing this ever since I ran up $7000 in November but PIF.

You should be fine, you paid it off and $20 isn't going to spook any CCC. I would relax and continue doing what your doing!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I ran up because was hoping for an auto CLI to justify the spending but none so far. Thanks.

Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Many creditors like to keep a very close eye on their cardholders....AMEX, Chase, others as well, they will soft your reports very often, sometimes more than once a month.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Once a month a get a soft by the card companies (from the latest EX that I have seen). Cap one however softed my twice last month (for what reason? I don't know)

Message 7 of 11
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Good question I mean it's not like they would EVER give you a cli
FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 8 of 11
plasticguy
Established Contributor

In some cases softs like that  are followed by an offer like a BT or a pre approval Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

You know what would be funny (this would work if your profile is looking great)

Call in for a CLI and tell them "Yea, i'm interested in an increase considering you've softed my report 3 times this month and seen how pristine it is and not given me one for it" Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.