Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase's Fraud Dept is tedious!!

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase's Fraud Dept is tedious!!

I have experienced this multiple times with Chase/Barclaycard. You called in and off the bat they treat you like a criminal. Amex and Cap1 (Venture) no problems with their transactions usage. Loved them! 

Message 11 of 19
willwar14
Valued Contributor

**bleep**!!! Barclay's security dept is the rudest people ive ever seen, both my parents have delt with them and nothing but complaints, docs can only be mailed, ok, but they take 1 F-ing month to process the docs and the reps are super rude.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 12 of 19
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Still waiting for mine to arrive I was approved 10/14 

Message 13 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

From a Consumer's perspective, fraud alerts are totally a waste of time.  Immeidately using another card when one is declined--for whatever reason--is standard practice for me. And, for the declined card, unless it's Amex, Chase, or a card where I have a spending bonus to meet, I won't even bother calling in to resolve it, ever.  It'll just go unused in perpetuity.

It still surprises me how it isn't abundantly clear to everyone that these fraud alerts exist to protect the Issuer, and not the consumer.  

Message 14 of 19
willwar14
Valued Contributor

These aren't locks to verify transactions, but to verify someones ID, 4 times of answering the same questions seems kinda of pointless.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 15 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

I can't recall ever running into this, having a fraud / verification department want me to vouch for who I am.

Maybe my file is very simple, I have no name changes, limited address movement, a boring file.

OP, (and other posters with similar stories) it seems like there is more to this story. More in the file that is complicating things. And if that is the case, then it's not the bank's fault for wanting to verify information. Maybe they can't square the different bits of information they are getting, I don't know, I don't have the answer, but it seems like something that should be handled face to face, in a branch, with someone who can get it sorted. And hopefully sorted permanently.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me... repeatedly...

They told me to sign up for text alerts and it's helped a lot. If a transactioned is initially frauded, they text me and ask if it was me. If I reply "Y" or "yes" then the merchant can run the transaction again immediately and it works just fine.

I recommend signing up for text alerts.

Message 17 of 19
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

'Tis tedious. Had a run in with JP Morgan once regarding such, and the process wouldve taken so long to resolve that I had to call back some time later to cancel my dispute. It was a transaction dispute, not fraud related but on mere principle.

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 19
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Chase only, swiped my card at convenience store, apparently had trouble with their processor later on. They text me, email also. I call, they asked if I authorized the charge. I pointed out this was a repeat merchant on both my Chase cards, yes it's authorized. They ask more security questions at Barclays for balance transfers, than they did here. Card unlocked, but only Chase asks for signature when swipe at this merchant.

Signature needs updating
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.