Senior Contributor

Chase said 15k, I guess they meant $3500

So the nice CSR from Chase called to confirm my identity just a minute ago for the Perfect Card. After going back and forth on personal info, she said she was going to approve me for $3500. The original representative said I was approved for $15,000, but I guess she was mistaken. I tried to negotiate for more, but she said all I could do is reallocate some of my $15,000 from my Freedom card. No thanks.

I'll probably just combine this one when it gets here if they won't CLI me on activation. That's not worth the price of reaging my credit file.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase said 15k, I guess they meant $3500

I'm sorry! That just sucks.

I agree, though, with your plan. If they won't raise, just combine them.
Senior Contributor

Would have been less costly FICO-wise to let them pull a report for a CLI on the original card. No new account hit. Chase is not my favorite.
Senior Contributor

Chase can kiss my ***.  I had a Kohl's which went bad.  I paid it off with 27 on time payments (early payments) plus extra per month.  I called them to ask if it would be reopened and they declined.  They can BITE ME.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

I'm VERY close to having no relationship with them AT ALL.  Within 90 days dh Visa will be pif (used for ds college). 
Frequent Contributor

I just received a Chase card with a limit of $14,900 (highest initial starting CL to date) and they wouldn't consider a CLI at activation without a hard pull. Didn't like their customer service as they were trying to sell me the moon from their scripts....but we'll see how it goes. 
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Senior Contributor

fishbjc wrote:
Chase can kiss my ***. I had a Kohl's which went bad. I paid it off with 27 on time payments (early payments) plus extra per month. I called them to ask if it would be reopened and they declined. They can BITE ME.
:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
I'm VERY close to having no relationship with them AT ALL. Within 90 days dh Visa will be pif (used for ds college).

I've noticed it's a love/hate relationship with a lot of members and Chase. They have been great to me, but it also seems like the are awful to a lot of others.

Same thing with Capital One, always good to me, especially when I was rebuilding, but worst CCC ever to others.
Here we go again...
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.