Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase said 15k, I guess they meant $3500

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Chase said 15k, I guess they meant $3500

So the nice CSR from Chase called to confirm my identity just a minute ago for the Perfect Card. After going back and forth on personal info, she said she was going to approve me for $3500. The original representative said I was approved for $15,000, but I guess she was mistaken. I tried to negotiate for more, but she said all I could do is reallocate some of my $15,000 from my Freedom card. No thanks.

I'll probably just combine this one when it gets here if they won't CLI me on activation. That's not worth the price of reaging my credit file.
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase said 15k, I guess they meant $3500

I'm sorry! That just sucks.

I agree, though, with your plan. If they won't raise, just combine them.
Message 2 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Would have been less costly FICO-wise to let them pull a report for a CLI on the original card. No new account hit. Chase is not my favorite.
Message 3 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Chase can kiss my ***.  I had a Kohl's which went bad.  I paid it off with 27 on time payments (early payments) plus extra per month.  I called them to ask if it would be reopened and they declined.  They can BITE ME.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

I'm VERY close to having no relationship with them AT ALL.  Within 90 days dh Visa will be pif (used for ds college). 
Message 4 of 6
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

I just received a Chase card with a limit of $14,900 (highest initial starting CL to date) and they wouldn't consider a CLI at activation without a hard pull. Didn't like their customer service as they were trying to sell me the moon from their scripts....but we'll see how it goes. 
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 5 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:
Chase can kiss my ***. I had a Kohl's which went bad. I paid it off with 27 on time payments (early payments) plus extra per month. I called them to ask if it would be reopened and they declined. They can BITE ME.
Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
I'm VERY close to having no relationship with them AT ALL. Within 90 days dh Visa will be pif (used for ds college).

I've noticed it's a love/hate relationship with a lot of members and Chase. They have been great to me, but it also seems like the are awful to a lot of others.

Same thing with Capital One, always good to me, especially when I was rebuilding, but worst CCC ever to others.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.