Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase sapphire preferred points

tag
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

Chase sapphire preferred points

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? also If not whats a good LEGAL way to do it with out actually having to spend 3k.. 

thanks

TU 751 | EQ 742| EX 741 Credit History: 2 years 8 months. Star date was Jan 2014. Current Cards: Capital One QuickSilver $4750/ Discover It $2250/ Chase Sapphire Preferred: $6000/ Care Credit: $4500. Barclay Apple Rewards: $4500/ fidelity bank: $1000/ Amex blue cash preferred $11000/ Capital one venture: $5000/ Amazon Prime store credit: $2700
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase sapphire preferred points

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? 

thanks

They'll charge em back to ya.

Even CapOne does this. My current rewards balance on my QS/V is -$0.26.

Message 2 of 41
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

I actually just got off the phone with them, they said that if I do that and the points are awared before I return then nothong they can do.. but if I return before points are awared then I wouldnt be awared anything 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? 

thanks

TU 751 | EQ 742| EX 741 Credit History: 2 years 8 months. Star date was Jan 2014. Current Cards: Capital One QuickSilver $4750/ Discover It $2250/ Chase Sapphire Preferred: $6000/ Care Credit: $4500. Barclay Apple Rewards: $4500/ fidelity bank: $1000/ Amex blue cash preferred $11000/ Capital one venture: $5000/ Amazon Prime store credit: $2700
Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

I actually just got off the phone with them, they said that if I do that and the points are awared before I return then nothong they can do.. but if I return before points are awared then I wouldnt be awared anything 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

I wouldn't count on it.....Can't believe you had the nerve to actually call them on that one! Lol. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 41
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? also If not whats a good way to do it with out actually having to spend 3k.. 

thanks

Manufactured Spending.

Enter at your own risk.

Message 5 of 41
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

I wouldn't count on it.....Can't believe you had the nerve to actually call them on that one! Lol. Smiley Very Happy

Lol, Why not? I wouldnt think it's illegal.. still a transaction. 

Message 6 of 41
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

Arrival+ makes it pretty clear you don't keep points when you return something.  

I just put EVERYTHING I could on my card--my cell phone bill, my cable/internet bill, subscriptions, food, drugstore, services like my twice-a-year window cleaning, etc.  About the only things I couldn't put on my card are my other credit card payments and mortgage.  I wound up making that sum pretty easily.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

Lol, Why not? I wouldnt think it's illegal.. still a transaction. 

I find it more comical than anything that you'd actually call them about that.

Is there a reason you can't meet the spend the intended way?

Message 8 of 41
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? also If not whats a good way to do it with out actually having to spend 3k.. 

thanks

Manufactured Spending.

Enter at your own risk.

By all means, If it's something illegal I will NOT do it. I asked and they said its really not illegal its still a transaction wheather returned or not. just have to do it in the right timing. 

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

Manufactured Spending.

Enter at your own risk.

By all means, If it's something illegal I will NOT do it. I asked and they said its really not illegal its still a transaction weather returned or not. just have to do it in the right timing. 

I'm even more surprised at their answer... Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.