tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase sapphire preferred points

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

Legal way:

Buy $3000 worth of gold or silver bullion/coins.

Wait and sell after you get your points.  Legal.

illegal way:

get your own merchant account, charge your own card $3000.  The $3000 goes to your bank account. You only lose about 1-2% out of the transaction.  Wait after you get the points.

Yknow, IF I wanted to do this. I could. The only pitfall? My Square is linked to my Chase checking account!

Get a discover checking.  Free + you get $50.

I tried. Discover declined me for the checking saying I had too many Checking accounts open. Smiley Frustrated

The wife has one of these though!

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

Legal way:

illegal way:

get your own merchant account, charge your own card $3000.  The $3000 goes to your bank account. You only lose about 1-2% out of the transaction.  Wait after you get the points.

That's not :"illegal", just violating ToS.  

llegal:

Hacking into Chase computers and adjusting your UR points

Kidnapping Chase exec and demanding 40K UR as ransom   (DON'T DO THIS!   Having it credited to your UR account is a big clue that police can follow!)

Hey, If i'm doing this I'm asking for hell of a LOT more UR than that... More like 100,000,000 UR. Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 41
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

Legal way:

illegal way:

llegal:

Kidnapping Chase exec and demanding 40K UR as ransom   (DON'T DO THIS!   Having it credited to your UR account is a big clue that police can follow!)

Hey, If i'm doing this I'm asking for hell of a LOT more UR than that... More like 100,000,000 UR. Smiley Very Happy

I would ask for 1960 backdating and 100,000,000 Points.  I was born 1985 but I am sure he would do it.

Message 33 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

Legal way:

illegal way:

llegal:

I would ask for 1960 backdating and 100,000,000 Points.  I was born 1985 but I am sure he would do it.

Still has the same basic problem: Police come to your house and say (after appropriate cautions): "JoshNurse, we have reason to believe that you were involved in the kidnapping of Ms X"    "Nah, nothing to do with  me.  Why have you come here?"   "The kidnappers asked for your card to be backdated and 100M UR points depositied into your account.  How do you explain that?"  "Um, maybe they like me"

So, makes sense only if you think you can redeem without detection and get to a place without extradition!

Message 34 of 41
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

I actually just got off the phone with them, they said that if I do that and the points are awared before I return then nothong they can do.. but if I return before points are awared then I wouldnt be awared anything 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? 

thanks

They'll charge em back to ya.

Even CapOne does this. My current rewards balance on my QS/V is -$0.26.

I wouldn't count on it.....Can't believe you had the nerve to actually call them on that one! Lol. Smiley Very Happy

Lol, Why not? I wouldnt think it's illegal.. still a transaction. 

I find it more comical than anything that you'd actually call them about that.

Is there a reason you can't meet the spend the intended way?

better be safe than sorry. I woulldnt want to be doing something illegal and could get me prosecuted. And no such reason,, just don't really having anything to spend 3K on.. don't need anything.. I think i'm just going to pay my rent which is 1200 and the rest of my bills which are 2k a month total. 

This is what I'm doing. I'm just a law student, so I don't have many expenditures other than my rent, which is $959/month. So three months of that pretty much covers it. It's a $15 fee to pay with credit card, but the 40,000 bonus points far outweigh that. Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

I actually just got off the phone with them, they said that if I do that and the points are awared before I return then nothong they can do.. but if I return before points are awared then I wouldnt be awared anything 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

I got approved for Chase sapphire preferred today, with a credit limit of 8K. Anyhow my question is... If I buy something for 3K and return it a month later, will I still recive the 40 thousand points? 

thanks

I wouldn't count on it.....Can't believe you had the nerve to actually call them on that one! Lol. Smiley Very Happy

Lol, Why not? I wouldnt think it's illegal.. still a transaction. 

I find it more comical than anything that you'd actually call them about that.

Is there a reason you can't meet the spend the intended way?

better be safe than sorry. I woulldnt want to be doing something illegal and could get me prosecuted. And no such reason,, just don't really having anything to spend 3K on.. don't need anything.. I think i'm just going to pay my rent which is 1200 and the rest of my bills which are 2k a month total. 

This is what I'm doing. I'm just a law student, so I don't have many expenditures other than my rent, which is $959/month. So three months of that pretty much covers it. It's a $15 fee to pay with credit card, but the 40,000 bonus points far outweigh that. Smiley Wink

BAM! That + your electric takes care of it!

Message 36 of 41
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

I don't believe you had this conversation, or that that was Chase's response.  I don't believe it, at all.  1. Because I called asking where my bonus was, and they informed me they were waiting to verify transactions, and informed me that if at a later date I had not met the spending due to returns, the bonus would be charged back or other AA taken.  2.  Chase cares about MS.  3. Their website says: "If I return my purchase, what will happen to the extra [bonus] points I've earned?  The extra points will be deducted."

It's actually true I have no reason to lie. He said if you buy something with in the 3 months get the points and then you return after 3 months then i still keep the awards but if i do it with in the 3 months i wouldnt get the rewards. Guys my intention is not to really rob chase.. I like chase I have a checking account with them.. I figured out how I will do this.. I have a loan from rac acceptance for 2900 so Ill pay it off with my chase cards and do another 100 and then boom recive the cash back or points and put them twards my payment. So I found a good legal way to do it that will keep chace and my self happy! like I said before I do not want to ruin my relationship with chace.. concedring the 8K limit they gave me right off the bat.

thanks,

thanks for all your help guys.. you can shut this thread down now.. 

TU 751 | EQ 742| EX 741 Credit History: 2 years 8 months. Star date was Jan 2014. Current Cards: Capital One QuickSilver $4750/ Discover It $2250/ Chase Sapphire Preferred: $6000/ Care Credit: $4500. Barclay Apple Rewards: $4500/ fidelity bank: $1000/ Amex blue cash preferred $11000/ Capital one venture: $5000/ Amazon Prime store credit: $2700
Message 37 of 41
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I just put regular everyday spending on the card(s), and I meet the minimum spend pretty easily.  Household bills, groceries, gas, insurance, dining... it adds up fast.

Message 38 of 41
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

@LexieCat wrote:

Arrival+ makes it pretty clear you don't keep points when you return something.  

I just put EVERYTHING I could on my card--my cell phone bill, my cable/internet bill, subscriptions, food, drugstore, services like my twice-a-year window cleaning, etc.  About the only things I couldn't put on my card are my other credit card payments and mortgage.  I wound up making that sum pretty easily.

Imagine using a credit card to pay ANOTHER credit card bill.

Manufactured spend on steroids! Smiley Tongue

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 39 of 41
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

thanks

I don't believe you had this conversation, or that that was Chase's response.  I don't believe it, at all.  1. Because I called asking where my bonus was, and they informed me they were waiting to verify transactions, and informed me that if at a later date I had not met the spending due to returns, the bonus would be charged back or other AA taken.  2.  Chase cares about MS.  3. Their website says: "If I return my purchase, what will happen to the extra [bonus] points I've earned?  The extra points will be deducted."

+1

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.